Text not sending and double up

James41
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello this has been a problem I can no longer take, help please! It started with my phone sending people double and even triple text. Then it started on my end to getting it from them. And now my phone is not even sending my text out. It just load and load and then say it didn't get sent so I hit resend. The last text i sent toke over 15min to finally go through.

5 REPLIES 5
FidoPierre

Hey @James41

I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing issues with your text messaging. Can you let us know which phone model you are using?

I would also like to confirm if you are using the messaging feature that came with the device or a third party application that you downloaded? 

Let us know. Smiley 

James41

It is a Samsung s6 and yes I'm useing it standard text messaging app that came with the phone. Fido shows good coverage over my are on there map, but that does not mean much if I'm the only customers in the area there no way they would know there a problem. Why I say that my phone will text fine when I'm traveling or in a near by city.

Hi @James41! Thanks for the info.

When this issue happens, are you connected to LTE/VoLTE? If so, can you disable it for a while to test if the issue still occurs?

James41

I keep my data off most of the time when it is on its usually says LTE, 4G or just E. I have no clue what that all stand for. But most time the data is off while I've been having trouble with my texting. I also should add that my phone quality fades in and out. I've been with fido for 12 years and never had a complaint over anything. But this year has been the worst and I'm a little disappointed. I truly think it's there network in and around my area but they say there no way but saying that with out even looking into it, how can they know there a problem in that area if I'm the only customers?

Hey @James41, I hear you.

In order to find out if the issue comes from your device or your phone, you would need to test your phone in a different Fido device.

Basically, by putting the sim card in another Fido phone, it allows us to see if the problem comes from the sim card.

From there, a simple sim card change can fix the problem.

If you don't have another Fido device to test it out, you can always visit one of our locations to get your device looked into. 

You can use our store locator here to find a location near you.

Did you have a chance to visit one of our locations yet?