Text messages being sent multiple times

MickManda
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Ok, the past week has been horrible!  My phone will not sent text mesages half the time.... or it keeps saying "sending" or "cannot send this message", but the reciepient actually GETS the message 4-5 times!!!  What is going on?!  How do I fix it?!  It is making things so frustrating, because I never know if my messages are truly being sent, or not.  And I don't want my friends to be bombarded with the same message multiple times!   

6 REPLIES 6
MickManda

Have now spoken with customer service 3 times this week, and it is still not fixed!!  What the heck?!  My contract ends July 26th, or something and frankly, this is really making me question whether to renew or not... right now, it is looking like "not".  Not impressed!

FidoJo
Former Moderator

Hey @MickManda

I can certainly understand that it's not an ideal situation and we'd be very sad to see you leave because of this. I assure you that we're here to help! 

To better understand the situation, may I ask you few questions: 

• What's the model of your phone? 
  • Can you confirm if you had the chance to reboot the phone and test the SMS function? 
  • Does it happens with all your contacts or only a particular number?
  • Do you get full signal bars when this happens?
  • Does it happen only indoors or outdoors or both? 
  • Lastly have you tried the SIM card  in a different device to see if the issue persist? 

Let us know if you're still having issues with your messaging service after the reboot and we'll send you a PM to take a closer look into this with you! 

MickManda

I have an LG 4 phone. It happens to all numbers in my phone, indoors or outdoors. I have a signal when I send the messages which makes no sense why they wouldn't "send". I did the SIM and reboot. That didn't help. 

patrickchan
I'm Experienced Level 1

hi , my guess, this is an problem with the lg phone, you may have to email lg and ask for their assistance as well. try an different brand phone (it may help you out). good luck

FidoJo
Former Moderator

Thanks for the details @MickManda

We'll shortly send you a PM to take a closer look at this together! 

Talk soon🙂

MickManda

Thanks! So far nothing has worked and it is beyond frustrating! I am ready to buy out my contract and just call it a day. I am so fed up with this! It has happened twice before but others were having the same problem and it was a glitch in your system or something.