Text messages - Not working

SOLVED
ROMAC
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi, I'm using the Sony Ericsson T715 and lately, I have found out that many of the text messages that I send are not received by the people I send them to. I have also found out that I do not receive all texts sent to me. It seems as though sometimes, it is working fine, and other times, it is not working at all.

The worst part is, I have no idea unless the person tells me that they have not received the messages or that they sent me a message. My phone indicates that all messages that I sent went out normally. This has caused a lot of problems.

Do I need to change the settings on my phone (connectivity etc.)? I may have changed some of them inadvertently when I first received the phone. I haven't had this phone for that long. Does it matter if it is 'circuit switched' or 'packet switched'?

Please help!!!!!

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Text messages - Not working

Solved by Former Moderator FidoJonathan

Hello ROMAC,

Welcome to the fido technical community ,

I suggest you try to a master reset your device if this is an ongoing issue .

ATTENTION: This will erase all the current informations that is currently on your device.

To reset the phone
1 Select Menu > Settings > General > Master reset.
2 Select an option.
3 Follow the instructions that appear.

If you select Reset settings, the changes that you have made to settings will be deleted.
If you select Reset all, your settings and content, such as contacts, messages, pictures,
sounds and downloaded games, will be deleted. You may also lose content that was in the
phone at purchase.

Concerning the 'circuit switched' or 'packet switched'? I suggest you use Circuit Switch. Playing with this setting will cause sending and receiving SMS issues on your device.

I hope this helps.

View solution in context
16 REPLIES 16
Smu4eteGo

I've got a similar problem.

International messages are not being delivered. Messages to some area codes in Canada are ok, others are not.

The recipients' numbers are in a proper pattern. The message centre number is the right one.

The strange thing is that all this started a few weeks ago when I moved to Toronto and changed my number. I called the technical service and I was redirected to other departments a few times. Still waiting for a call from Fido.

Any ideas???

ks416

I'm using an unlocked LG Optimus G phone and my text messaging (sending and receiving) stopped working. It was working fine for the first month then stopped working.

Now, I've tested my sim on another person's Fido Nexus 4 and the same problem persists, text messaging did NOT work. I then tried that person's Fido sim on MY unlocked phone and I was able to send and receive SMS messages just fine.

So it's obviously NOT my phone that's causing this. And, it can't be the sim either because it used to work fine just a month ago. Also, this sim card is just 2 months old.

I called up Fido support (611) and they did a reset while I had to restart my phone. They were able to send me a test text message and had asked me to send myself a message which works. And then the CSR said that if that works then text messaging works. BUT guess what, it still does NOT work!

I've already spoken to Fido support twice and text messaging still does not work, though I am able to send myself text messages.

kylamacneill

i'm having a problem i cant receive text messages but i can send them

What phone are you using?

When did the problem start?

Did you clear your inbox or reset your settings?

Can you send a text to yourself?

Kristinavb011

Hi,

This morning I got txt issue after i refilled my prepaid account. When I open messaging and go on create message its firstly asked Proceed with multimedia message? I can choose betwen yes and no and both leads to typing message.The secont issue is when it comes to sending. My message cant be sent and it says Multimedia message settings not defined, message dont sent.

I was talked to the lady who is working on the station she tryed to fix that using message setting option and didnt helped. She suggested me to to call 611 which i did,but there is no options for this problem. I was calling customer service on 1 888 841 3436 and machine keeps telling me that service is not avaible in my area at this moment. I have NOKIA 7230-1c  RM 598, FCC ID PRIRM-598

WHAT should i do next?

Hey Kristinavb011!

When the message "Proceed with multimedia message?" appeared on your screen, did you select yes or no?

It is important that you select no. This way, your phone will send the message as a regular message.

rickc
I'm a Participant Level 2

Iphone 3g - same problem - wife on Virgin sends me texts, some are rec'd some are not....i reply and sometimes she receives my replies and sometimes not....very frustrating and costly since we then have to call each other.

rickc
I'm a Participant Level 2

I should add this seems to only happen when i am in a different city - when i put the phones side by side and do some test texts, they arrive just fine.

delilahcallon

I have the same problem with my samsung phone, I have been told I was sent a text but i never receive it from him.  I get text from others but not this particular person text??? don't understand if it is me or his phone?

murmur
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I also have this problem with Samsung Galaxy S5..worked until a few days ago. I have deleted messages, turned off phone and removed battery..and still not receiving texts.

Hey @murmur!

Are you having trouble sending or receiving text messages?

Does this happen only with certain numbers or all?

murmur
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi..thankfully, my grandson is more tech-wise than me and found I had somehow blocked my daughter so I could not receive her texts. He fixed it for me.

That's awesome!

Thanks for letting us know what was going on and how you fixed it!

Hello ROMAC,

Welcome to the fido technical community ,

I suggest you try to a master reset your device if this is an ongoing issue .

ATTENTION: This will erase all the current informations that is currently on your device.

To reset the phone
1 Select Menu > Settings > General > Master reset.
2 Select an option.
3 Follow the instructions that appear.

If you select Reset settings, the changes that you have made to settings will be deleted.
If you select Reset all, your settings and content, such as contacts, messages, pictures,
sounds and downloaded games, will be deleted. You may also lose content that was in the
phone at purchase.

Concerning the 'circuit switched' or 'packet switched'? I suggest you use Circuit Switch. Playing with this setting will cause sending and receiving SMS issues on your device.

I hope this helps.

fido7299

I was using a prepaid number from another carrier. Then I migrated the number to Fido when I got a postpaid phone. I got 2 phones for my kid and I. First her phone was activated ahead of me bec they say the migration is taking longer than a regular one. Then and up to now, I still can't receive international texts. I've been calling Fido and they keep telling me that the international carriers are the one that has a problem. If that's the case, then how is it that my kid gets her international messages (from the same country) and I dont get mine. Is it because my number was a migrated number? I dont understand. Please help. urgent!

Hello 6472387299,

Welcom to the Fido technical community,

At this point, I urge you to call our customer service department as if your number was migrated from another provider and your not able to send SMS properly. It will need to be escalated to our second level support.

Please call 1-888-481-FIDO(3436).

I hope this helps,