Text message delay

Text message delay

Text message delay

Twaugh333
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Text message delay

Hello Fido

To say I'm upset... well... paying for a premium service under contract and not receiving the premium service would seem like breach of contract... so i want my fido dollars applied to my outstanding device account balance so i can be done this problem.

Problem is since my wife and i moved 2.5km away from where both her and my fido contracts were initiated.... to where we live now.... both her and my messaging are consistantly suffering THREE HOUR DELAYS.  

9 REPLIES 9
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @Twaugh333

Thanks for reaching out about this, we're here to help ! 

It's definitely not normal that you are experiencing such delays when receiving messages, we'll take a look to see what's going on. 

Just to clarify, FidoDOLLARS™ can't be used towards the fee remaining on your device or to pay a bill. To find out what they can be used for, please click here.  

We'll talk in a bit .

***Modified Title***

Twaugh333

Thank you very much for your understanding of the mater.

But I believe that nothing can be done due to my wife and my location of residence next to the USA/Canada boarder.

She receives more phone calls and calls out from her phone more often than I do so she has more experience with this.... and not only are the text messages are a delayed mess... but phone calls for the two of us on Fidos network is next to impossible. Stuck on emergency calls only or no service available is unacceptable.

As such if my and my wife's accumulated fido dollars can't not be applied to the outstanding balance so we can try Tellus to see if that corrects the problems for us - and it may not - but in all fairness i believe that this contact should be terminated due to lack of fulfilment.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance. The employees at Fido ate first class service providers... to bad the network at my home isn't - I'd be happy to stay if the network performed. But since I've moved the past six months have been substandard network performance and if it cannot be fixed promptly then my wife and I will be requesting the contract to be terminated for lack of service and Fido forfit our small outstanding device balances.
Sincerely
Terry and Tammy

***Modified Title***

Hello Twaugh333,

Are you experiencing the issues everywhere around your new location (ie work, grocery store, etc), or just at  one location (ie home)?

Have you tried to turn roaming on? If you are a post-paid plan user, you may avail of Fido's Extended coverage. With roaming turned on, you would connect to some of the others' towers as Fido-EXT with no additional charge. I understand you now live close to the border, but there should be safeguards in place to prevent roaming on US towers if you're still in Canada.

**edit* I understand using Fido-EXT might not be a long-term solution since you would likely exceed the 50% usage allowance; however, it might give an idea of the others' coverage in the area.**

Additionally, you can get an idea of the cellular towers around your location using tower mapping sites like here. While I cannot vouch for the accuracy of such sites, that one seems to have been updated recently.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

***Modified Title***

Twaugh333

Hello
This issue is only at home so it's quite possible that Fido-EXT would be useful if it was available to connect to which it is not able while roaming enabled. If fido-ext would allow proper phone and text messaging, I'm sure i could accept that solution since I use my wifi for data. Then again, the last fido tech support telephone contact said that fido ext was not an option with my plan.

And funny how Telus does not seem to have a single cellular tower available anywhere on the tower map....

Thank you

@Twaugh333 wrote:
And funny how Telus does not seem to have a single cellular tower available anywhere on the tower map....

Hello again,

Are you referring to your area or the whole map in general? There are indeed Telus towers available on that cellular tower mapping site (green). However, there may not be any in your particular area. Telus shares its network with Bell. Generally, Telus is mainly West of the Manitoba/Ontario border while Bell is mainly East of it; there are pockets of each crossing that divide. The exception is Saskatchewan, which appears to have neither... 

I won't delve into the others' towers any further since this is a Fido forum. I didn't want to leave the impression that the site I posted above was biased towards Rogers/Fido.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Twaugh333

Hello Fido
May be I could request an unlock code be provided for my device under these specific circumstances? If another carrier can not provide a better service for my in my residence, I can and will remain a Fido customer. However, I require an unlocked device in order to facilitate this experiment.... Please advise.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Hey  @Twaugh333 ,

I'm sending you a PM so we can discuss this further!

Twaugh333

Thank you

Thanks for the update @Twaugh333

I sent you a private message so we can look into this together, I'll wait for your reply! 

***Modified Title***