Text Messages to US from Canada

SOLVED
StillStanding
I'm a Participant Level 1

My plan has unlimited text.  Can I text US numbers from Canada and recieve without extra charges applied?

Accepted Solution

Re: Text Messages to US from Canada

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @StillStanding,

Welcome to the community!

There is no charge for receiving text messages no matter where it originates from as for sending it depends on his plan if he has unlimited text including international numbers then it will be no charge for him to send but if he just has local text then he will be charged. 

It's 45¢ per message sent to a US number see here. You can verify what he has by logging in to my account section and check his plan details if its not listed there go to the billing and payments section then click on view billing details and its always listed there.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @StillStanding,

Welcome to the community!

There is no charge for receiving text messages no matter where it originates from as for sending it depends on his plan if he has unlimited text including international numbers then it will be no charge for him to send but if he just has local text then he will be charged. 

It's 45¢ per message sent to a US number see here. You can verify what he has by logging in to my account section and check his plan details if its not listed there go to the billing and payments section then click on view billing details and its always listed there.