Text Message Issues

Text Message Issues

Text Message Issues

MissMB
I'm a Participant Level 2

Text Message Issues

Hello,

I recently (approximately one month ago) got a new phone plan with Fido and paid out my remaining phone balance. I've been having difficulties sending messages over the past couple weeks. I'll be in a loxatikn with more than 1 bar of service and it will say "text message not sent" error message. This happens more than once a day with different contacts. I've also been having some spotty data coverage. Please let me know if there are any solutions!

4 REPLIES 4
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey @MissMB!

Did FidoClaudia's suggestion help?

Are you still having difficulty with your text messaging? If you are, don't hesitate to reply to FidoClaudia's so that we can get to the bottom of this!

FidoClaudia

Hey @MissMB,

Welcome to our Community!

Sorry to learn you're having these troubles!

Are you currently using a Fido device or non Fido? Also, what is the model of your phone?

Do you usually experience these issues indoors or both indoors and outdoors? Do you notice a drop in your usual signal whenever you have difficulty sending text messages or connecting to data?

Have you tried resetting the network settings to see if that might help?

Let us know and we'll take it from there Smiley

MissMB
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello!

Sorry I've taken so long to respond there's been a lot on my plate lately aha!

I am using a Fido device (LGG4)

I experience these issues both indoors and outdoors in various locations. 

I'll typically maintain my signal strength when experiencing these problems. I've had up to three bars of service before and experienced this problem.

How would I go and reset my network settings?

Thanks! 

Megan

No worries, MissMB! We just wanted check-in with you for an update.

You can reset your network settings under Settings > Backup & reset > Network settings reset > Reset Settings. 

What software version are you running on your device?

When this happens, does rebooting your phone change anything? Is this happening in a specific location or everywhere?