Temporary suspension

Temporary suspension

Temporary suspension

SOLVED
Daryl1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Temporary suspension

So i went to a fido store and asked, "if i need to leave the country for a while and I'm on a plan can i turn off my plan while I'm away?" Response "oh yes sure! Just call 611 and they will deal with it."

So i call 611 and the guy says "yes sure just call in and tell them you need at 'temporary suspension'". I'm like okay cool because i don't need to be paying a bill when I'm not even here.

Now i call in to do it the guy is like "that's not possible to do". I'm so upset how am i to pay a bill from way down in the Caribbean for two months and i won't even be here!!!!!! Makes no sense! I'm really upset i was mislead and its unfair to me and my family.

By the way hats off to the guy i dealt with today i think his name is John he dealt really well with me even tho he knew i was upset.
Accepted Solution

Re: Temporary suspension

Solved by Former Moderator FidoCatherine

Hey Daryl1

the temporary suspension isn't something that's offered on Fido.ca or part of our services - it may have been a promotion, temporarily, at the time it was mentioned in store or over the phone.

However, our  discounts and promotions are always subject to change. We can't guarantee any promotion beforehand for that precise reason. 

This said, let me take a look at your account to see if there’s something else I can suggest to meet your needs!

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this further 😃

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hey Daryl1

the temporary suspension isn't something that's offered on Fido.ca or part of our services - it may have been a promotion, temporarily, at the time it was mentioned in store or over the phone.

However, our  discounts and promotions are always subject to change. We can't guarantee any promotion beforehand for that precise reason. 

This said, let me take a look at your account to see if there’s something else I can suggest to meet your needs!

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this further 😃

fidouser21
I'm a Participant Level 1

I go to know an intersting fact regarding temporary suspension too. Apparently if you cannot suspend the services in the middle of the cycle. So if you want to temporarily suspend your services by calling 611 on the 1st day of your billing cycle, you will be asked ot wait another month and pay for the services before it can be cancelled.

Doesnt this sound ridiculous that in this age technological era , customers are forced to pay for the whole cycle even though they may not use the services.

Hey @fidouser21 and welcome to the Community Smiley

That's right, a temporary suspension can only be added at your next cycle.

It is part of the policy, so the restriction can't be added right away.

We do appreciate you sharing your opinion concerning that option. This will be forwarded to the people in charge. 

If temporary suspension is not something Fido offer as part of their services then why would it have been a promotion? If it can be offered as a promotion then not why as part of Fido service? Maybe its because Fido just do not want to do it so they can bill a customer either way.