Temporary suspension

Temporary suspension

Temporary suspension

SOLVED
zmybb
I'm a Participant Level 1

Temporary suspension

I'm leaving Canada for 40 days and was trying to apply for a temporary suspension but I was told the minimum suspension time is 2 months? However the customer service still offered to suspend my service, and she didn't know if it means I will still be charged of the full month rate or not. Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solution

Re: Temporary suspension

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Zymbb,

Welcome to the community!

Providing your account meets the requirements, the temporary suspension is $7 per month, and can be added for a minimum period of 2 months, and maximum period of 4 months (see here).

Since the minimum period is 2 months, you will get charged for 2 months even though you only require 40 days. Additionally, since the charge is on a monthly basis -- as opposed to a daily basis -- you would still get charged for a full 3 months even if you were away from Canada for less than 90 days (but more than 60).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Zymbb,

Welcome to the community!

Providing your account meets the requirements, the temporary suspension is $7 per month, and can be added for a minimum period of 2 months, and maximum period of 4 months (see here).

Since the minimum period is 2 months, you will get charged for 2 months even though you only require 40 days. Additionally, since the charge is on a monthly basis -- as opposed to a daily basis -- you would still get charged for a full 3 months even if you were away from Canada for less than 90 days (but more than 60).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@zmybb if you did the 2 months suspension then you will be charge $14 that's $7 for each month even if you resume your service earlier.