Temporary Suspension

Temporary Suspension

Temporary Suspension

SOLVED
Stonejewel
I'm a Participant Level 1

Temporary Suspension

I am a long time Fido Account holder. I will be away for two months and would like to temporarily suspend my account, but am on a newer contract. I was told I cannot suspend my account until I pay out my contract, and even if I do so that will not unlock my phone. Is there no way I can suspend my account and extend my contract for two months?

Accepted Solution

Re: Temporary Suspension

Solved by MVP MVP

@Stonejewel Unfortunately you can not have your account temporarily suspended while you are in a contract and there is no way to do it and extend your contract by two months without breaking your existing contract because of the fact you already have a contract that requires you to pay your monthly fee. Even if you pay off your contract you will have to pay a $50 fee to have your phone unlock from Fido you can get more info about the device unlocking policy here

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Stonejewel Unfortunately you can not have your account temporarily suspended while you are in a contract and there is no way to do it and extend your contract by two months without breaking your existing contract because of the fact you already have a contract that requires you to pay your monthly fee. Even if you pay off your contract you will have to pay a $50 fee to have your phone unlock from Fido you can get more info about the device unlocking policy here