Telemarketers STOP CALLING!!

SOLVED
MattinToronto
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hey fellow customers, 

Who here also agrees that telemarketing calls from a company you are already paying is beyond annoying?

I'd like just once to post a topic in this forum that has something positive to say about the company I've chosen to give my money to every month but sadly I have yet to be able to.

I've asked them to remove me from the list. I've adding myself to the national do not call registry (yes I know that they are exempt - unfortunately). And yet they keep calling me. In the evening, morning, afternoon, weekends, weekdays. All the while I am charged for the incoming calls if I pick up - hope it isn't when travelling abroad! AND, If I block them they just go right to voicemail and I still have to check who called, or else the hangup message sits there filling up a voicemail slot.

At least other annoying call centers have the decency to offer me a fake boat cruise. Take a hint Fido, I'm mad at the way you treat me already, the cure for that isn't asking me to give you more money. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Telemarketers STOP CALLING!!

Solved by Former Moderator FidoPamela

Hey @MattinToronto

Really sorry to learn you're receiving unwanted calls. If you've been added to our internal Do Not Call List, you should not receive any more marketing calls from us. 

That being said, it can take up to 30 days for that to be effective. If it's been more than that, I'll be happy to send you a PM so we can take a look at what's going on there. 

Let me know! 

View solution in context
16 REPLIES 16
EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

Keep in mind that while the person on the phone might identify themselves as they are from Fido, they might be Fido imposters (i.e. someone trying to be from Fido when in fact they are from somewhere else) trying to get your personal information over the phone.

Is it easy for them to ge a hold of your phone number to pull that off? It is easier than you think.  I will not post how a person can get the number here (I just started writing, then I deleted it all).

The best thing to do is not answer any of the calls. Furthermore, I think you can put those numbers in the "block" list within your phone. 

Hopefully it saves you some grief and frustration.  Best of luck.

MattinToronto

Sadly the saga never ends. More email from Fido today trying to sell me on the overpriced home internet Sad

@FidoRanya thanks for saying you would look into it, it would have been a little nicer if you had actually resolved the issue like you said you would though.

Moral of the story? You have to spam block your provider like they were a free boat cruise offer trying to enlarge certain parts of your body.

Fido, for the record, if your prices were actually competitive you would not have to hassle folks via their email - that they provided to you in good faith for the purpose of communication regarding account problems, to have them take advantage of them.

Hi @MattinToronto

There's a delay of approximately 10 days before you stop receiving calls / emails which I shared with you:) 

Have a little faith in me! 

MattinToronto

That is fair, it has only been 6 days, and you did say ten. That is definitely an oversight on my part and I'm sorry.

I'll hold further complaints about being harrassed until then. Unless of course they actually do stop. That would be great.

I can assure you we're on it! Thanks a lot for your understanding @MattinToronto

MattinToronto

Not on it well enough, got an email from Fido with another offer today.

I'm less upset about it now though since (apparently) no one knows how to stop getting blasted in the face with sales pitches. Means I didn't do anything incorrectly. I'm starting to think I should just change my contact info to absolute nonsense and avoid Fido offers that way...

Hey MattinToronto!

I understand your concern and I can see why you'd want this issue resolved as quickly as possible. I'm going to send you a message in a bit so we can look into it together. Smiley

MattinToronto

This issue will have to end as never resolved. After several attempts over several months, I can't get Fido to stop using my private information to pressure me with sales. I'm just (sadly) going to have to block them like I do the average skeezy telemarketer/spammer.

Hey @MattinToronto,

I assure you that we're here to help and we will definitely do everything that we can to get to the bottom of this. I've just replied to your PM, we'd love to continue looking into this with you Smiley

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hi @MattinToronto

To clarify, are you receiving marketing calls from Fido or spam calls?

MattinToronto

I should have tried to be more explicit in my intial complain I suppose. 

From Fido. About a dozen in the last two weeks. Each more annoying than the last.

I'll send you a PM and we'll look into that together. Smiley

MattinToronto

So in case anyone is curious if this was resolved it was not. I had opted out of emails before, so they switched to the calls, then the mod had the calls stop but now the emails started again. Sorry Mr Fido but if you want me to buy more services from you try selling them for a lower price than the big three. It isn't going to be enough to just ask me repeatedly until I get tired.

Hey MattinToronto!

Thanks for the update! 

That definitely doesn't sound right.  Let's take another look in your account and check out what's going on with that. 

Keep an eye out for a PM shortly. 

FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @MattinToronto

Really sorry to learn you're receiving unwanted calls. If you've been added to our internal Do Not Call List, you should not receive any more marketing calls from us. 

That being said, it can take up to 30 days for that to be effective. If it's been more than that, I'll be happy to send you a PM so we can take a look at what's going on there. 

Let me know! 

MattinToronto

It has been indeed over 30 days.DNCRL.png