Tablet plan, $15 / 3GB

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Tablet plan, $15 / 3GB

am i able to add this plan onto my account through online or do i have to go in to store?(currently on a pulse plan with a byod)

can i bring my own tablet?(if not what are the upfront costs for the device on the plan including the MSF and upfront device cost totals with activation)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tablet plan, $15 / 3GB

Hey everyone,

Although this thread is old, I wanted to provide an update.

The data only plan is currently available for new activations on an additional line. You must have an existing wireless account to be able to take advantage of the offer.

You can bring your own tablet or purchase one with Fido, depending on what you prefer. Find our available offers here.

A one-time fee of $30 is applicable for all new activations or upgrades processed through any customer care channel.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted

Hi @kirk47,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

The $15 / 3 GB offer is currently available on new activations only. Were you planning to add an additional line to your current Wireless one?

If so, you can definitely bring your own tablet and use it with the plan. If you'd like to purchase a tablet through us, you can see our available models and associated costs here.

Let me know if you have questions about this Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted

S o woul have to add a 2nd CTN to my account then i could get the tablet add on?? i dont need a second phone number or another line on my account i would just like data for my tablet i already have a pulse plan with you guys, the add says i can byod and is for existing customers, so why cant i get this offer?? making me add a second line would cost more than it would to go to another company and get a tablet data plan.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @kirk47

Just to clarify, the data line would be the second line. In order to have a data plan, we will assign you a new number that'll be attached to the SIM card for the tablet.The plan will still be $15 for 3 GB though, we're not asking you to add a Wireless line. 

Does this make more sense? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

If I bring my own tablet, what are the setup costs? Do I have to purchase a SIM card for my tablet or is a SIM card included in the $25 activation fee? Also, can I set this up online or in-store only?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted

Hey @nick67

All very good questions. The set-up cost is essentially the Transaction fee of $25. If you purchase the SIM card and activate it at the same time, you’ll pay the $25 Transaction Fee only.

The SIM Card charge is included when you activate an account right away. You can set it up directly online, at a store or through our customer service team.

You can see the different ways to reach us here. We can also help you with this directly from here. Let me know if you'd like us to place the SIM order for you and I'll send you a PM. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Solution

Hey everyone,

Although this thread is old, I wanted to provide an update.

The data only plan is currently available for new activations on an additional line. You must have an existing wireless account to be able to take advantage of the offer.

You can bring your own tablet or purchase one with Fido, depending on what you prefer. Find our available offers here.

A one-time fee of $30 is applicable for all new activations or upgrades processed through any customer care channel.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7