TEXT 2 LANDLINE - Can it be PERMANENTLY DISABLED?

Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

TEXT 2 LANDLINE - Can it be PERMANENTLY DISABLED?

Hello to the fido technical community as well as the social media team.  I would really like to DISABLE or EXCLUDE the TEXT 2 Landline service.  Yes its a VERY GOOD SERVICE, but its NOT FOR ME.  You guys can block Long Distance and International calling in V21, so you should be able to block this too, right? I think its only fair,

What is the SOC Code that I need to put on my line to block these?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: TEXT 2 LANDLINE - Can it be PERMANENTLY DISABLED?

Hello FidoJudy and FidoFrank,

I found some really usefull info that I'd like to share through some word of mouth.

The Text 2 Landline is a service provided by a third party company called TeleMessage.

I contacted them recently about the service and they were able to resolve my complaint. Here is what they said:

Hi, Paolo –

As you requested we have blocked all text-to-landline messages from your Fido mobile phone which effectively “opts you out”.

Best regards,

TeleMessage Customer Service

"Get the message!"

=======================

TeleMessage

http://www.TeleMessage.com/

So why did Fido lie to me? It's definitely possible to opt out, now my messages to landline does not go through at all. Thanks TeleMessage!
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 18
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello Paolo,

It is unfortunately not possible for us to block your Text-To-Home Phone text messages.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 18
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

I won't accept that.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 18
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi Paolo,

What FidoJudhy wrote was correct. The system can't prevent this because it can not know if the phone number you will send your text message to is a cell phone or a landline until it's done and billed for.   It is especially true in this day and age of number portability. 

Only suggestion I can make is make sure your contacts have cell phone number in the cell phone field and home (or landline) number in the home number.

Hope it helps.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 18
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2
Solution

Hello FidoJudy and FidoFrank,

I found some really usefull info that I'd like to share through some word of mouth.

The Text 2 Landline is a service provided by a third party company called TeleMessage.

I contacted them recently about the service and they were able to resolve my complaint. Here is what they said:

Hi, Paolo –

As you requested we have blocked all text-to-landline messages from your Fido mobile phone which effectively “opts you out”.

Best regards,

TeleMessage Customer Service

"Get the message!"

=======================

TeleMessage

http://www.TeleMessage.com/

So why did Fido lie to me? It's definitely possible to opt out, now my messages to landline does not go through at all. Thanks TeleMessage!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 18
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello Paolo,

The information we provided was correct: Fido cannot block those messages from being sent.

I wish to however thank you for letting us know, us being Fido and the community, that there is a way to indeed block them through TeleMessage.

I will request that this information is made available to our representatives so that such a misunderstanding does not happen in the future between us and our customers.

Sincerely,

FidoJudhy.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 18
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi Paolo,

Can you tell me how you actually got this disabled?  I just called Fido and they had no idea what I was talking about and didn't know the name 'TeleMessage'  The rep I spoke with told me that Fido provides this service directly, and no 3rd party is involved.  Sounds like this new info is not getting passed to the CS reps.

Andrew

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 18
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

anjp: like i said earlier, i was unsuccesful in contacting fido to remove it.  I had to contact Tele message directly. try phoning them or writing them or e-mailing them directly just like I did. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 18
Highlighted

Yeah, thought it may have had to involve Fido somehow. Thanks, I'll reach out to them.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 18
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido has nothing to do with it . They have everything to do with it. They partnered with them to infuse this third party service.  Fido needs to get on this and stop being so cagey about the services they endorse and allow access to their customers' service packages. 

here is the response I got from telemessage:

Hi, **** –

We serve as Fido’s technology partner for their text to landline service.

We can block all future Text to Landline messages sent from your mobile number which will have the effect of “discontinuing the service” for you.  There is no charge for the blocking service and it can be turned off at any time in the future.

As you requested we have blocked all text-to-landline messages from your Fido mobile phone number ************.

Best Regards,

Customer Support | TeleMessage Inc
US Office: +1 978 263 1015 Ext. 228 | Fax: +1 978 263 6467
E-mail: support@TeleMessage.com | Web: www.TeleMessage.com

Check our products: Mobile & Tablet applications, Messaging Gateway, PC to Mobile & SMS to Voice
Send/Receive and automate SMS, MMS, Voice, Fax, Conferencing, Email and IP messaging.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 18