Switching from prepaid to postpaid - bad experience

SOLVED
oreocookie42
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've been with Fido since 2010. When I started backpacking abroad last summer, a customer service rep suggested switching to prepaid so I could keep my number when I got back, instead of cancelling. Sounded good. When I got back in April, I went to see a rep at one of the Fido booths in the local mall. The rep told me I would get $5 off the byop plan I wanted because I was switching from prepaid, and that I'd get that $5 off each month for 8 months. Sounds good, sign me up.

Then the problems start. The rep insisted on giving me a new SIM card - I'm pretty sure all my contacts are stored on my phone, but I kept the old card just in case I find I'm missing something. Then I find out that my login on fido.ca no longer works, and 2 live chat CS sessions and several weeks go by before I can access my account online. Then my first bill arrives, and that $5 discount I was promised? Nowhere to be seen. I've got a free $5 value pack that was never mentioned by the rep instead. I figured ok, maybe I misunderstood something. Now that my second bill has arrived, that value pack that I don't need or want isn't free anymore.

Looks like another chat with CS (by phone this time) is in order tomorrow. Really hope other people's experiences aren't screwed up like this.

Accepted Solution

Re: Switching from prepaid to postpaid - bad experience

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @oreocookie42 & welcome to the Community!

I'm sad to read that you didn't get what was offered to you. Sad Don't worry though, it is indeed one of our current offers! I'll send you a PM to get this sorted out.

Talk to you soon! Smiley

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @oreocookie42 & welcome to the Community!

I'm sad to read that you didn't get what was offered to you. Sad Don't worry though, it is indeed one of our current offers! I'll send you a PM to get this sorted out.

Talk to you soon! Smiley