Switching from prepaid by the minute to monthly question

JamesK
I'm a Contributor Level 1

OK so I have a question or two and hopefully you guys can help me out. I have had a prepaid by the minute account for quite some time and usually do the $100 top up that lasts 365 days as I don't normally use the phone that much. If I decided I wanted to switch to a different plan like say a monthly plan then what would happen to my balance in my account? Also on top of that would it even be possible to go from a prepaid account to a monthly account?

4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

You are able to switch from prepaid to postpaid. This is called a migration from a prepaid account to postpaid. Your number as well as your balance would be transferred over to the monthly account. Also there are no fees associated with this migration.

JamesK
I'm a Contributor Level 1

So when the balance gets transfered over I'm assuming it would pay for however many months it can before I have to start "actually" paying monthly correct? Also just to add a question: How would I go about switching to a monthly plan exactly? Over the phone or just through my account online?

@JamesK wrote:

So when the balance gets transfered over I'm assuming it would pay for however many months it can before I have to start "actually" paying monthly correct? Also just to add a question: How would I go about switching to a monthly plan exactly? Over the phone or just through my account online?

Hello JamesK,

Your account balance will be transferred from your prepaid account to your monthly service. Your final prepaid airtime will appear as a credit on your second invoice. 

You should also be aware that a credit check will likely be required. You can find more information here.

To switch to a monthly plan, you can visit a Fido store or call 1-888-482-3436 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Thank you guys for providing JamesK this information!

@JamesK did you get a chance to reach out to our customer service team by phone?

Let us know if you still need help with these changes and I'll send you a PM directly on here! Smiley