Switching from fido to t-mobile

chefguu
I'm a Participant Level 1

Okay so here it is.  T-mobile gave me an offer with $70 unlimited everything.  About time I found something like that.  So I asked them if I just wanted a Internet Hot Spot with unlimited internet and all those goodies and transfer my phone over how much will it be.  Same price but maybe a couple of dollars for a the whole process but nonetheless,  If fido can't top that then good bye.  Who would I talk to for that or is there no point?

2 REPLIES 2
Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

I'm confused, isn't T-mobile a US carrier? Fido doesn't price match offers from non Canadian carriers. $70 unlimited everything? is that like what Wind/Mobile provides, which a limited local area?

More information would be great. But I think you are confused with the offer from T-mobile?  I know Hong Kong carriers offers awesome unlimited plans as well. But I live in Canada so I can't take advantage of it.

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

I'd like to add to this after some research with Tmobile (ie, reading the fine print). The website $70USD plan does indeed include unlimited data roaming in Canada. However the fine print says the first 50MB are at 4G speeds, once you top the 50MB in Canada, you will be reduced to 2G (ie, gprs ~ 56kps speeds) until the next billing cycle.

The Internet HotSpot option doesn't allow roaming in Canada at all.

If you still think this is a good deal by all means go for it! Its a free country and you can choose whatever carrier you want.

I'd like to caution everyone who reads this to first read the fine print of your contract prior to signing. Once the dotted line is signed and the plan doesn't work out the way you 'think' it does. It will be your money lost to get out of the contract.