Switching Providers

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

Switching Providers

Switching Providers

Bethanyp
I'm a Participant Level 2

Switching Providers

I am switching cell phone providers but I still owe $20 to pay off my current phone/plan with Fido. Can I do this through the new provider or do I need to contact Fido and pay it off first? I also want to keep the same phone number when I change providers and I’ve heard that you can’t keep it if you cancel your current plan first and you need to transfer it with the new provider.

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Bethanyp,

Welcome to the community!

If you want to keep your current number, your new provider will have to port your number to them. Once the number has been transferred, your line with Fido will automatically be cancelled. However, you will have to settle your account and payments with Fido.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Bethanyp
I'm a Participant Level 2

Ok, so I can just set up my new phone and provider first? And after that I just pay off any remaining balance with Fido on on the final bill? 

Hey @Bethanyp

We'd hate to see you go! I'll send you a PM and we'll go over that together.