Switching Companies and keeping phone number

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 rc817
I'm a Participant Level 1

Switching Companies and keeping phone number

I want to upgrade my phone but the phone I want is not available with Fido. I want to switch to Rogers, and I want to keep my number. Is this possible, or by canceling my Fido contract automatically make me lose my number. Is there a way to cancel my contract and keep my number?

Accepted Solution

Re: Switching Companies and keeping phone number

You can port your number to rogers without any problems. However, be warned! If you still have a contract with fido you "may" have to pay cancellation fee's. Also you can port from fido to rogers and they 'may' lower your cancellation fee (depends on how long left in your term). Either way, ask yourself if it is worth that shiny new phone to justify possibly paying alot more in the long term.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2
Solution

Re: Switching Companies and keeping phone number

You can port your number to rogers without any problems. However, be warned! If you still have a contract with fido you "may" have to pay cancellation fee's. Also you can port from fido to rogers and they 'may' lower your cancellation fee (depends on how long left in your term). Either way, ask yourself if it is worth that shiny new phone to justify possibly paying alot more in the long term.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2