Switch from prepaid pay-as-you-go to prepaid monthly plan

lpking
I'm a Participant Level 3

The Fido website is currently not allowing one to switch from a prepaid pay-as-you-go plan to a prepaid monthly plan. The error message says Fido is embarrassed to tell me this can't be done from the website, and I need to call Fido to accomplish this switch. I'm hearing impaired and only use my phone for texts, so I can't use the voice services to talk to a Fido rep. When will the ability to make the switch be available on the Fido website?

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@lpking wrote:

The Fido website is currently not allowing one to switch from a prepaid pay-as-you-go plan to a prepaid monthly plan. The error message says Fido is embarrassed to tell me this can't be done from the website, and I need to call Fido to accomplish this switch. I'm hearing impaired and only use my phone for texts, so I can't use the voice services to talk to a Fido rep. When will the ability to make the switch be available on the Fido website?

Hello Ipking,

Welcome to the forums!

I hope @FidoTerry is able to make the switch for you. I suspect the reason the website does not allow users to switch from the pre-paid pay-as-you-go to a pre-paid monthly plan is because the latter would likely require a credit check since those plans have monthly fees.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

lpking
I'm a Participant Level 3

Please check your answer's accuracy. It's my understanding a PREPAID monthly plan is useful for people who don't want to have to pass a credit check: if sufficient funds aren't in your account on the date the monthly payment is to be withdrawn, your account automatically switches to pay-per-use until you top up your account balance and the monthly fee is withdrawn. (See the footnotes here: http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido/PrepaidPlans/Plans )

Yes, FidoTerry was able to switch me to a prepaid monthly plan -- thanks!

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey Ipking,

Welcome to the community. Smiley

Sorry to hear you we're not able to make the changes. I'll send you a PM now so we can make the changes together that way you won't need to call in. Smiley