Swapping numbers between two lines under one account.

SOLVED
fromusofa
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi,

I  want to move my voice plan number (3164) to my Data Plan which has the number (2540) and vise versa. and in doing that, it is ok if the number with the data plan (2540) ends up being changed. I just want to save my 3164 number and moved it to my data plan. everything else is acceptable. both plans and numbers are on one account under my name. can it be done? Fido reps say, they can't. Thank you if you have a suggestion.

Accepted Solution

Re: Swapping numbers between two lines under one account.

Solved by Moderator

Hey @fromusofa 

We can't really provide you information for other providers.

But with Fido, it's not possible to swap numbers.

You can change the plans on your lines at any point and time, if the plan is available of course.

If the plan that you are trying to have on your other lines is expired, you will need to choose a plan that we have available now.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@fromusofa Unfortunately swapping numbers between two Fido lines are not allowed by current Rogers/Fido corporate policy.

fromusofa

Thanks Kapable-K,
How do you know that it is Rogers/fido corporate policy? Could it not be just a technical limitations with their systems or they just probably don't know how to do it?

Welcome to the community @fromusofa! Smiley

Just to confirm what Kapable-K said, we can't swap Fido numbers as the system prevents us from doing so. We can change your plan on the number you want to keep however. 

fromusofa

Is this "system" that you are referring to is only limited to fido/Rogers or every carrier in Canada? Define system please.

OK, so you're saying that I can change my voice plan to a data plan and data plan to a voice plan?
If so, and if I can change them to the exactXBplans that I have on each line that will solve my problem. I will call fido today and see what happens...thanks.
fromusofa

* exact plan

Hey @fromusofa 

We can't really provide you information for other providers.

But with Fido, it's not possible to swap numbers.

You can change the plans on your lines at any point and time, if the plan is available of course.

If the plan that you are trying to have on your other lines is expired, you will need to choose a plan that we have available now.