Stop Prepaid plan

Stop Prepaid plan

Stop Prepaid plan

SOLVED
idpokute
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Stop Prepaid plan

I used prepaid phone and monthly plan around 2 months ago, and I only used 1 month.

I don't use it anymore because I am using my smart phone.

Should I go to Fido store and stop it?

Or I don't need to go to Fido store and need to do nothing?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Stop Prepaid plan

Solved by MVP MVP

@idpokute You will not be charged if you do not use the prepaid phone but If you do not refill your account prior to the expiry date which will be 30 days after the refill, your balance wil be lost and you will no longer have money in the account.

If you do not use the phone within the 6 months following the refill, the service will be cancelled, but it is still possible to get your phone number back.

If you do not use the phone within 1 year following the date of the last refill, the phone number will be fully cancelled.

So to answer your question Fido will not charge the account if you do not use it, you can cancel it if you wish or it will just cancel itself in time if you do not use it.

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey idpokute!

If I understand correctly you have both a prepaid account and a monthly account that you'd like to close? So two phone numbers?

Let us know!

idpokute
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I have 3 phones; nexus5, Iphone, and ZTE (old folder phone).

Nexus5 and Iphone are fine. They are not prepaid phone, and I'm using them.

My question is about prepaid phone (ZTE)

I bought a sim card and activated 2 months ago.  And I don't use it anymore since last month.

If I don't de-activated the prepaid phone, does Fido charge it?

It was the first time to use preapid phone, so my question is a little dumb.

@idpokute You will not be charged if you do not use the prepaid phone but If you do not refill your account prior to the expiry date which will be 30 days after the refill, your balance wil be lost and you will no longer have money in the account.

If you do not use the phone within the 6 months following the refill, the service will be cancelled, but it is still possible to get your phone number back.

If you do not use the phone within 1 year following the date of the last refill, the phone number will be fully cancelled.

So to answer your question Fido will not charge the account if you do not use it, you can cancel it if you wish or it will just cancel itself in time if you do not use it.

ik0n
I'm a Participant Level 1

How do I get my phone number back before the year is up?

I'm using my work number now but want to keep my phone number the cheapest way possible because I've had it for over 10 years and should something happen at work...
I don't need to use it but I just want the number held in my name. Should I want it back...

Hey @ik0n!

If you add a refill of a minimum of $10 your phone number will be retained for 12 months. Smiley