Still happening (Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge )

Major_Fido
I'm a Participant Level 3

We are still experimenting this issue but less frequently.

16 REPLIES 16
illusion87
I'm Helpful Level 2

If don't it both ways using with wifi on and wifi off. I'm using the text app for galaxy s6. No 3rd party.

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. 

somekid321
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi, can we get a follow up on this issue and similar ones to it. I have read a lot of threads (with the S6 and S6 Edge calling and text messages issue) that end with "I'll PM you" and no resolution after that. Was the problem solved after that or did it persist? Is this an issue with the update or individual phones. I have not updated to the last patch due to the fact that I have been burned twice before with "We are realeasing a patch for this" and then it didn't work. 

Hey @somekid321!

Can you give us a bit more details on the issues you are experiencing?

somekid321
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Sure, originally when I updated, my phone stopped working as a phone, I couldn't even dial Fido to fix the issue. You guys did some back end reset and that seemed to work. I noticed some text messages coming in batches, calls getting dropped and people telling me it goes straight to voicemail. The fix you were recommending was turning off LTE and VOLTE which I did. I did the second update to fix that bug and that didn't work, as it was the same issue as above. But keeping LTE and VOLTE off kept my phone running fine. 

So when the 3rd patch came out on Nov 16th, I didn't want to be the first one to download it, in case it made my phone not function. I kept an eye out on the forums and some people were still complaining. It's been a few months and no other patch came out but I can still see a few more commenters saying they are having issues, but everytime I see whether or not it was resolved, it ends with a "PM'd you" and no follow-up. I am tired of having the notification reminding me to upgrade always on top of my notifications, so I am looking to update again. Before I updated, I turned on LTE for a day, and got no calls and texts were delayed, so the bug is still there. I was hoping I could find some closure in these threads with someone following up with, "FIXED after talking to the fido team" or something along those lines.

Thank you so much for the information. A lot of the issues were resolved for most of our customers through the software updates. I would have to suggest updating to the most recent version and to let us know how it goes. 

If you're still experiencing issues after the update, we can take a closer look for you. Smiley 

illusion87
I'm Helpful Level 2

My sim card is nano (galaxy s6) i don't have the piece that makes it fit other phones. And like I said I don't have another phone to try Sad these issue only arrived after the last latest update. The picture message sometimes goes through other times it'll say something like network error problem. The static came out of no where.

Are you using the regular SMS app? Or any 3rd party app? (Viber, Hangout, Text+...)?

Can you try this: turn off Wi-Fi (if it's enabled) and send yourself an MMS. 

Let me know how long it takes to receive it. 

illusion87
I'm Helpful Level 2

My phone is my lifeline basically. I can't go get it sent out. The loaner phones aren't the greatest and I do not have another cellphone for temp use. So I'm stuck.

Might not be related to the update then, must be something else going on. 

Is it possible for you to test your sim card in a different device, see if you can reproduce the same issue?

illusion87
I'm Helpful Level 2

I've never touched any settings as I haven't had issues like I explained till after the update. I know it's weird Sad
illusion87
I'm Helpful Level 2

I never had issues that others were having until I updated to the latest.

That's odd! Should be fixing everything!

Can yo go in your Wi-Fi settings, and disable the ''Stay On while on sleep'' mode. 

That was a temporary fix we had before the update, if that still doesn't fix the problem. 

I'll suggest you bring the phone for repair at any Fido store. 

illusion87
I'm Helpful Level 2

I'm having issues with picture messaging. Already contacted fido answers and still persists. I'm also noticing while on lte I get static on the line when calling people. Never had that issue till the update. I've tried without volte enabled and it connects to 4g, voice sounds louder but still the static is there....

Hey there!

Have you done the latest update that was pushed on November 16th?

Did you notice any difference?

FidoKenny

Hey Major_Fido.

Thank you for keeping us updated on this.

Happy to see that it's better now.

@Community: Anyone still having the same issues?