Stacked contracts or not: when does the new term start?

I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Stacked contracts or not: when does the new term start?

My understanding when the iPhone 4 launched, was originally that contracts would not stack and was told this by a Fido customer service. This was quickly corrected on Rogers redboard to say that Fido customers' contracts would stack, with the new term beginning when the old contract ended.

Recently I have seen a copy of a Fido Sales Central Bulletin that specifically states that contracts will not stack for iPhone 4 upgraders that are in their last 14 months, but my understanding is that Customer Care has not yet received this information. Can someone please confirm this? And if this is the case, I would like to be assured that I can call in and have my contract start and expiration dates corrected. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 kagehoshi
I'm a Participant Level 2

Re: Stacked contracts or not: when does the new term start?

I'd like to know that too. When I upgraded to my iPhone 4, I had less than 12 months left on my contract (unsubsidized by the way) and was told that the contracts would stack. Afterwards I found out about the new law on cell phone contracts (I live in Quebec) and was planning on calling Fido to cancel my unsubsidized contract and start my 3yr iPhone 4 contract (which was supposed to start when my current contract ends) since they now cannot charge an ECF on unsubsidized contracts. However, if it is true that Fido is not going to stack contracts, that would save me a lot of trouble and phone calls.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Rune
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hello!

When a customer renews thier agreement, the new agreement starts as of the old agreement. This has been the usual policy for a long time.

When the iPhone 4 was first launched, there were three promotions. One of these promotions has the stacked contract and the other two promotions had contracts started the day that the upgrade to the iPhone 4 was done. These promotions were account and line specific so you best bet is to contact customer service to find out what promotion was offered to you at the time to determine if you were supposed to have a stacked contract or not.

The current iPhone 4 promotion is a stacked contract to a maximum of 50 months from the date of upgrade to end of new 3 yr contract.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Rune, thanks for your answer. As I mentioned, I am aware of what the policy was and has been. My question relates to the new policy which the detailed in Fido Sales Central Bulletin on Oct 15, 2010. I will paste it below.

Start Date: October 15 2010
End Date: Ongoing
Regions: National 
Reference # F2010-10-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iPhone 4 - Agreement Renewal Window
Please note the agreement renewal window for iPhone customers purchasing an iPhone 4 on a 3 year term with data add-on will exceptionally stay at 14 months until December 31 st , 2010 . Existing iPhone customers who entered into an agreement on or before December 31st, 2008, are eligible for the same agreement pricing as new customers when they renew their voice and data agreement. 
IMPORTANT: the Eligibility Tool on Fido.ca may not display the correct offer for customers with 6 to 14 months left to their agreement. Please follow the steps below to verify the eligibility. 
To process these offers, follow these steps in Sales Central: 
- Go into the Customer Offers flow. 
- If the customer is eligible for the regular Agreement Renewal Offers, complete the offer. 
- If the customer is not eligible for regular offers, you must verify the commitment start and end date under Customer Profileand click on View CTN Details. 
- Note: When the customer is not eligible for regular renewal offers, Sales Central will only display the no-term price. 
- Complete the No-term Offer as it appears in Sales Central. 
Invoice information: 
Advise the customer that he will be charged the full no-term price for the iPhone 4 on his next invoice, minus applicable FidoDollars. The appropriate credit will be applied on the second invoice through a back-end process. 
Term adjustment : 
- Voice term: The customer's voice term will not be automatically adjusted by Sales Central. The voice term adjustment will be done through a back-end process. 
- Data term: To be eligible for the above offers, the customer must take a 3-year data add-on. If the customer already has a data add-on on a 3-year term, the term will be adjusted through a back-end process. 
- Note: New 3-year terms start immediately upon HUP. 
Service Agreement : 
Sales Central will not provide a printed Service Agreement for offers without term. Once you complete the offer with the customer, please fill out a paper Service Agreement using the attached templates . 

Start Date: October 15 2010End Date: OngoingRegions: National Reference # F2010-10-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iPhone 4 - Agreement Renewal WindowPlease note the agreement renewal window for iPhone customers purchasing an iPhone 4 on a 3 year term with data add-on will exceptionally stay at 14 months until December 31 st , 2010 . Existing iPhone customers who entered into an agreement on or before December 31st, 2008, are eligible for the same agreement pricing as new customers when they renew their voice and data agreement. 
IMPORTANT: the Eligibility Tool on Fido.ca may not display the correct offer for customers with 6 to 14 months left to their agreement. Please follow the steps below to verify the eligibility. 
To process these offers, follow these steps in Sales Central: - Go into the Customer Offers flow. - If the customer is eligible for the regular Agreement Renewal Offers, complete the offer. - If the customer is not eligible for regular offers, you must verify the commitment start and end date under Customer Profileand click on View CTN Details. - Note: When the customer is not eligible for regular renewal offers, Sales Central will only display the no-term price. - Complete the No-term Offer as it appears in Sales Central. 
Invoice information: Advise the customer that he will be charged the full no-term price for the iPhone 4 on his next invoice, minus applicable FidoDollars. The appropriate credit will be applied on the second invoice through a back-end process. 
Term adjustment : 

- Voice term: The customer's voice term will not be automatically adjusted by Sales Central. The voice term adjustment will be done through a back-end process. 

- Data term: To be eligible for the above offers, the customer must take a 3-year data add-on. If the customer already has a data add-on on a 3-year term, the term will be adjusted through a back-end process. 

- Note: New 3-year terms start immediately upon HUP. 

Service Agreement : Sales Central will not provide a printed Service Agreement for offers without term. Once you complete the offer with the customer, please fill out a paper Service Agreement using the attached templates . 

As you can see, it very clearly states that it will not stack. I would simply like to know the procedure required to have this corrected on my account. It seems that Customer Service reps to not have access to this information in the Library, but hopefully this information will be more broadly distributed within Fido so we, as customer, can better know what the status is.

Thanks, 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4