Spurious Late Payment Charge

AT6
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hello,

I was charged $1.09 for late payment for my July bill. However, I paid on the day that I received my email bill from Fido, which was on August 2. Moreover, I had checked my account multiple times throughout July to see if my bill had been posted to the website, and it had not been posted. When will this charge be removed from my bill?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
FidoClaudia

Hey @AT6,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

Just to clarify, was the late fee applied on the August bill? If that's the case, the fee would be for a previous invoice. For more info on how the late fee is calculated, check out our Terms of Service (#3, section c).

We normally send you an email notification once the bill is available every month. Have you received them all in the past months?

Also, are you able to see all your past invoices online at the moment? 

Let us know and we'll go from there Smiley

AT6

Hello,

Yes, the fee was applied to the August (current) bill. The fee is for the July bill which was not availble for me to pay prior to August 2.

I have received email notifications for all my previous bills before the end of each month. Not only did I not receive the email notification for the bill for July until August 2, my account balance throughout the month of July was $0. Thus, I could not pay my bill, since it wrongly claimed that I owed nothing.

Yes, I can see all my past invoices.

Hi there @AT6

When you first noticed that your bill wasn't available on MyAccount, just to check, did you happen to get in touch with customer service about this matter?

Simply wanted to clarify a quick detail for the future; If you don't receive any invoice notification by email (for any reason), you can always login to your MyAccount profile on Fido.ca, to download your invoice via PDF. To view or print your detailed online bill:

- Click on "Billing & Payments"

- Select the month you'd like to see in the drop-down list

- Scroll down & click on "Save this bill (PDF)"

I noticed you said the invoice wasn't available to see though, and I get the confusion there! In that case, it's important to reach out us  as soon as you can, so we can send a paper copy of the bill to your address, or another option; help fix the MyAccount issue so you may review your billing details. 

I'll gladly send you a PM to review your account & help today Smiley

AT6

Hi,

Yes, rectifying this through private messaging would be good.

I will take your advice about the invoice PDF downloading and contacting for the future.

@AT6

Great Smiley

We sent you a PM. Talk to you soon.