Spotify re-activation issues

Blaimingtoad
I'm a Participant Level 1

I was affected by a recent billing reset which has been nothing but grief. I pay by credit card and didn't use the bank account payment - but I recieved a new account number. Now I have lost my spotify which is very annoying. I have tried twice to reactivate it - but I recieve an error as apparently my account is still associated with a number but cannot be activated... I don't know if this is a fido or spotify issue but can we get it cleared up?

30 REPLIES 30
KhangNghi
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi I think I have the same issue which I posted a topic here : http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apps/thread-id/1248

please help !

Hey KhangNghi!

We replied to your other post. Smiley 

Talk to you soon. 

Bbhrgv0605

I got the same problem !! Can you help me too ?! Please 😊

Hey @Bbhrgv605! Welcome to our community forums!

I'll send you a private message so we can take a look at this together Smiley

Nomadicjoe

I am also unable to activate Spotify. I ported my number over from Rogers and I have followed all of the steps but I keep getting this error. If you can assist it would be appreciated.

Hi @Nomadicjoe & welcome to the Community! Smiley

Did you have Spotify Premium activated with Rogers before?

Nomadicjoe

Yes I did - I no longer have this number on the Rogers account and I have updated my Spotify profile, and reinstalled the app. Not sure what else to do. 

@Nomadicjoe it's possible that although the number is no longer with Rogers, that the Premium account is still associated to the Rogers account. Have you contacted them so they can disassociate it?

Nomadicjoe

I have been on my Rogers account and that number is no longer associated with the account. Are you saying that I need to call Rogers and have them disassociate the Spotify account from that number?

That would be the next step to have this fixed @Normadijcoe ! Once that's done you'll be able to subscribe to Spotify through www.fidohub.ca  Smiley 

NgocChau13

Hi NgocChau13

We'll take a look at your account to see what's going on!

I'm sending you a PM to get thsi looked into this 😃 

Jen81

I am having the same problem with my Spotify account. I called twice today. Can someone help me out? I miss my music. :sleepy_face:
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey Jen81,

Welcome to the community! Smiley

Sending you a PM now so we can sort this out.

-Terry

claudiohtc

Today I got a message saying that I had a billing issue and a new account was created. Also, I had to reactivate my Spotify Premium subscription. But when I do it, it says "This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number. Try a different account, or create a new one."

How to reactivate my Soptify premium if it is not my fault Fido had a system problem?

Hey @claudiohtc!

We'll definitely take a look at this for you. I'll send you a PM so we can check it out together. Smiley 

jptvelo

Same problem here, please help / fix.

Hey @jptvelo and welcome to the Community Smiley

I need to take a look at your subcription to get this fixed with you ASAP.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

Ngocchau

FidoKenny

Hey @Blaimingtoad and welcome to the Community Smiley

I can get that fixed for you. 

I would simply need to get access to your account in order to confirm your information.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into Smiley

Talk to you soon.