Spotify premium

Spotify premium

Spotify premium

Kelseyvaz
I'm a Participant Level 2

Spotify premium

HI have tried a number of times with different codes to access the Spotify premium. None of them work. O also tried using my data and turned off the WiFi network. And it still won't work.

12 REPLIES 12
MeltedChrome
I'm a Participant Level 1

Long story short... After connecting Fido to my existing Spotify account, I discovered a problem with my Spotify account and the old account had to be closed and a new one created. Ever since then I've been caught in an endless loop of calling Fido tech support, going to Fido stores, and not receiving follow up calls from Fido tech support as I was consulted on by CSRs. I'm trying to connect Fido to my new Spotify account and it is giving me a generic error when I click the button to activate my Spotify Premium subscription (Oops! Looks like we've encountered a bit of a problem, please try again later) . I've had multiple cases opened for this problem, have spent dozens of hours on the phone with tech support, been referred to Fido stores by tech support, been told to call tech support by Fido store salespeople, started new Spotify accounts in attempts to fix this problem, and ultimately been told by tech support that they're not able to find a solution to this problem. I'll be a hundred percent honest. I switched to Fido for the Spotify Premium promotion. The fact that I'm having to pay out of my bank account in order to use the premium subscription is a big disappointment to me. The fact that Fido tech support isn't able to help me find a solution to this problem is an even bigger disappointment. I hope that somebody from Fido is able to see this and offer a solution or escalate this issue to somebody who can, because I personally am very disappointed with Fido and their customer service at this point. Two years of Spotify Premium is a large sum of money that I was hoping switching to Fido would save me, but I've now been dealing with this problem for 5 months, and tech support has led me on an extremely frustrating and disappointing goose chase. If there's no solution to be found I will not be continuing on as a Fido customer, and I will be sure to tell everyone I know about my extremely frustrating and disappointing experience with Fido, Fido tech support, and Spotify. Please help, I am desperate to find a solution or to reach some sort of compensation with Fido for this promotion that isn't working. I'm sorry but crediting my account 26 dollars doesn't even begin to cover the costs of two years of Spotify Premium subscription. I hope that somebody, anybody reading this, is able to help, because this problem has been a big concern of mine for over 5 months and I have gotten nowhere but frustrated, disappointed, and depressed. Please help, PLEASE!

Hey there MeltedChrome, 

I'm really sorry to hear that this has been ongoing. I'll gladly have a look at your account to see what's going on. I'll PM you right now. 

@ Community: Has anyone else experienced this before? 

Kelseyvaz

I tried entering the code. From the payment option. I got redeem code. After plugging in the code it tells me it is invalid.

That's odd.

Allow me to veify your subscription with you.

I'm sending you  a PM Smiley

sabrina_om

I've been having an issue for the past few days as well. When I try activating it, I receive the code and everytime I enter the code, it says ''Uh Oh, seems like we've run into a problem. Please try again later''. It's been doing it every time and I've off wifi, with wifi, over the computer, on my cellphone. I don't know what to dooooooo.

Hey sabrina_om!

Do you have a plan that includes data? You would have to do the initial setup on your Fido phone with WiFi turned off. 

Let me know Smiley 

sabrina_om

It still gave me an issue Sad I tried without Wifi.

In that case, I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look Smiley 

sabrina_om

Sounds good Smiley

Kelseyvaz

Yes
FidoSolutions

Hello Kelseyvaz.

Do you still have trouble with your Spotify Premium subsription?

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi Kelseyvaz!

Did you follow the instructions through Fidohub.ca? What exactly happens when you enter the code? Do you get an error message?

The more details you provide, the easier it will be to figure out what's going on. Smiley

Cheers!