Spotify free vs premium

Spotify free vs premium

Spotify free vs premium

SOLVED
jesski
I'm a Participant Level 2

Spotify free vs premium

Hi, I had Spotify free previously and have never signed up for Premium but when I follow the link and sign into Spotify it tells me because my username/email has already been activated I'm not eligible for the 6 months free Premium.

How can I fix this?

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Re: Spotify free vs premium

Solved by Moderator

Hey @jesski,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Is it possible that somehow the Premium version was activated before? Our Spotify Premium promo is available for first time users only, so if you've already had Premium in the past you won't be able to activate it with the same user name again.

You can create a new user name and then get the Premium subscription by following these here.

Let us know if you need anything else!

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoPierre

Hey @jesski

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

You mention never signing up to the Premium version of Spotify before.

Do you remember if you ever tried it during a trial period with them? 

jesski

Hi thanks for getting back to me.

I honestly don't ever recall having tried Spotify Premium. I wonder if something went wrong when I signed up for the free platform and things were confused?

Hey @jesski!

Were you able to get everything figured out?

Have you been able to set up your Spotify Premium?

We're here to help!

Was this Spotify profile just created or have you used it in the past? 

Also, did you receive a code to activate Spotify Premium or was it just a link? 

Let me know! 

jesski

Hi, the Spotify profile I have is the basic one that I've used on and off in the past. I don't remember when I first signed up for it but I haven't used it much as it was a bit limited. I was toying with upgrading to premium but hadn't made the leap until now. Which is why I'm disappointed it's not working!

I received a link, not a code.

Thank you!

Hey @jesski,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Is it possible that somehow the Premium version was activated before? Our Spotify Premium promo is available for first time users only, so if you've already had Premium in the past you won't be able to activate it with the same user name again.

You can create a new user name and then get the Premium subscription by following these here.

Let us know if you need anything else!