Spotify®, does it use up my cellular data

SOLVED
maher274
I'm a Participant Level 2

Does using the app on the go uses me monthly limit of data?

Accepted Solution

Re: Spotify®, does it use up my cellular data

Solved by Former Moderator FidoKevin

Hey Maher274! Welcome to our community forums! How are you today? Smiley

Spotify does use data from your monthly plan's limit if you stream music while not connected to WiFi. 

What sets Spotify apart though is that you can "save" music directly to your device. This function allows you to stream this music while offline or without using any data at all! For more info on this, click here

A trick I've adopted is to update my saved music once or twice a month, this way I can listen to music continuously without using my plan's data Smiley

I hope this helps! 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoKevin
Former Moderator

Hey Maher274! Welcome to our community forums! How are you today? Smiley

Spotify does use data from your monthly plan's limit if you stream music while not connected to WiFi. 

What sets Spotify apart though is that you can "save" music directly to your device. This function allows you to stream this music while offline or without using any data at all! For more info on this, click here

A trick I've adopted is to update my saved music once or twice a month, this way I can listen to music continuously without using my plan's data Smiley

I hope this helps! 

maher274
I'm a Participant Level 2

1. Open Spotify on your iPhone.

2. Click on the 3-bars on top left corner, a new page opens with 4-options:
    1. Search
    2. Browse
    3. Radio
    4. Your Music
  3. Select Playlists you wish to make Available Offline, At the top of the screen, toggle Available Offline to green.

Download progress will be displayed at the top of Your Library.

5. On the right side of each playlist while in Edit mode, you see the Sync symbol, represented by a down arrow. Any green sync symbol means the playlist has already been synced to your phone; if it’s gray, it isn’t available in Offline mode.

I have created my own playlist from various artists, but you can chose any exsisting playlist and make it Off-line available for your own pleasure.

Hint:

To Sync your playlists or songs, it is preferable if you are on Wi-Fi, but if you are on the go, you can go to  Settings - Streaming Quality - Download using Cellular