Spotify account already associated with another phone

fallrunner
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi there,

Recently, I got a text from Fido explaining that they needed to fix something with my billing info, and soon after, I got another text explaining that I now have a new account number. However, as a result, I had to register the new number on fido.ca (done) and the text indicated I had to re-activate my Spotify premium subscription as well. My phone number has *not* changed. 

This was also correct, as my spotify account has reverted to the "free" version. 

I disconnected from Wi-fi and followed the directions on fidohub.ca on my phone to re-register, but when I got to the page where I had to link my existing spotify account to my new cell account, when I put in my spotify information (I'm not linked in FB, so I just entered my spotify username and password), I got an error saying that the "spotify account is already associated with another phone" 

I suspect this is because spotify still thinks my old account (with the same phone number). Is there a workaround for this that doesn't involve me creating a new spotify account? Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27
annrachweila

I'm having the same problem as well

Hey @annrachweila  

Is it the same error message?

Can you tell us how long has it been since you've been able to use the Spotify Premium features?

annrachweila

I have had a number with Fido in the past with the Spotify plan, however the number was ported and the plan was cancelled when I changed services. Few months later, I came back to Fido with a different phone number and just recented upgraded to $55 pulse plan from the $50 BYOP plan, however when I tried to upgrade my initial free spotify account to premium, it says that the account is already associated with another number and told me to create a new account. 

Thank you for clarifying @annrachweila!

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look together. Smiley 

annrachweila

Hi, I didn't get the PM 

Sorry about that @annrachweila! Looks like there was a small glitch Smiley I've just sent you a PM now!

Thanks for getting back to me when you can!

innocentman01
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I also have the same issues, can you please help

Thanks

Hey innocentman01, 

I'm sorry to see you're having complications with your Spotify account. Can you let us know if you've already had the premium feature on your current subscription in the past? 

Have you tried logging out of the App and back in to see if you notice any improvements? 

jc9

Hey I'm having the same issue. Would someone be able to help me on this? thanks!

Hey @jc9 

I replied to your other post about this here.

Hope to talk to you soon Smiley 

jellederoeck

Yes I am having the same issue.

Just switched accounts.

Thanks for helping me out

Hey @jellederoeck

I'll be glad to check this out with you! I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look. Smiley 

jtalampas

I am having the same issue after receiving a similar message from Fido. Please help!

Hey jtalampas!

Welcome to the Community!

We'll need to take a look in your account. 

I'll send you a PM shortly. Smiley

alessandrafb

Hi, I am having the same issue. I'm pretty desperate. Did anyone manage to fix it? I don't want to lose everything on my spotify account and create a new one. 

Thank you

Hey alessandrafb,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

If you're having the same exact issue we might be able to help fix it. 

I'm sending you a PM shortly!

alessandrafb

Hi, thank you! I'm waiting

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey fallrunner, 

Thanks for reaching out and Welcome to the Community Smiley

It looks like you did everything on your end to troubleshoot this! 

I'll go ahead and send you a PM to look into this further. 

Talk to you in a bit!

**edited to add content**

Keatonwyssen

Hello i am having the same issue with my number. Can i please get some help?

Thanks im advance 😊

Hey @Keatonwyssen ,

Are you getting the exact same error message?