Spotify Premium not working

SOLVED
andrewchan20
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I went through the proccess several times on the fidohub.ca website, it told me to download the app which I did, signed in, and there was no way for me to link my fido account with spotify account to make it premium. Did it on so many devices. How can I fix this? How do I link my fido account with spotify?

Accepted Solution

Re: Spotify Premium not working

Solved by Moderator

Hey community!

I thought I'd update this thread since it's been a while Smiley

Spotify premium is available to first-time Spotify Premium users for up to 6 months on any of our new pulse plans!

The offer must be activated via fidohub.ca, and that's where the registration and link to your Fido account is done. 

For step by step instructions on how to connect the subscription, check out our dedicated thread right here

Happy listening!

View solution in context
100 REPLIES 100
FidoNick

Hey community!

I thought I'd update this thread since it's been a while Smiley

Spotify premium is available to first-time Spotify Premium users for up to 6 months on any of our new pulse plans!

The offer must be activated via fidohub.ca, and that's where the registration and link to your Fido account is done. 

For step by step instructions on how to connect the subscription, check out our dedicated thread right here

Happy listening!

christianwaker
I'm a Participant Level 1

I'm kind of in the same boat. My account randomly stopped its premium service and when I go to the fidohub and try to do all the steps there again, I put in my phone number and it is telling me that it is already activated but I am unable to acess the premium. I do have a fido pulse plan and am wondering if there are any solutions to this?

Hey christianwaker!

I'll look into that for you Smiley 

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. 

dragonfly

I'm having the same problem. I had been using premium for a while and it's stopped working about 3 months in. I've already tried to contact Fido and they fiddled with some stuff on their side but it's still not working. They've asked me to call them instead of online chat but can anyone here help me out?

Hey dragonfly!

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Can you visit this page. It's a step-by-step guide to activate your free subscription to Spotify Premium. 

Let me know if that worked for you, if it still doesn't work, I'll have to un-link your previous subscription!

Keep me updated!

Harrymahmood

Same issue as above. I have downloaded and redownloaded loaded Spotify many times, it's part of my plan and it hasnt worked in a month.
What do I do?

Hey there!

Can you visit this page!

Should help you getting started! Let me know if it still doesn't work. 

mehrsad79

hi there 

i have the same problem with the spotify, i tried diffrent id's again and again and recived so many codes but it dosnt work, please help me.

Hey  mehrsad79,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Smiley 

Have you visited this page

It should help, if not let me know what happens and we'll figure it out! 

chrisncao
I'm a Participant Level 2

Same problem here, I did connect to my spotify successfully before, but all of sudden, I was switched to spotify free. I tried to connect my spotify account with fido again on "fidohub" and got the error: "This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number. Try a different account, or create a new one." This link is not working for me: http://forums.fido.ca/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/174.

I called fido and was told it should work and recommonded me to call spotify. When I called spotify and was told its fido's problem. What should I do now???

Grdyma

I'm kind of in the same boat. My account randomly stopped its premium service and when I go to the fidohub and try to do all the steps there again, I put in my phone number and it is telling me that it is already activated but I am unable to acess the premium. I do have a fido pulse plan and am wondering if there are any solutions to this?

Welcome to the Community @Grdyma!

We'll have a look at this for you.

I'm send you a PM right away Smiley

Talk to you soon.

(...) This link is not working for me: http://forums.fido.ca/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/174.

Hey @chrisncao, there was a "." at the end of the link which is why it wasn't working. Try this:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/174

chrisncao

Thanks for the reply. I mean I can open this link and followed the steps, but it doesn't solve my problem.

Hey chrisncao! 

I'll send you a PM and we'll check this out! Smiley 

Leni

Hello Fido mods

I got my pulse account in Decemberish and got Spotify Premium under my facebook account. Just yesterday I noticed I wasn't on Spotify Premium anymore and I'm supposed to have it free for 2 years. I've tried restarting my phone, un-installing Spotify and re-installing it and it all still doesn't work. I tried logging into the fidohub.ca site with my phone number and it just says:  

Please enter your phone number.

If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated. 

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @Leni

When you enter your phone number in Fidohub, are you able to follow the steps to get back to your account?

Leni

no...i  mentioned earlier that it just keeps saying Please enter your phone number, when all I do is enter my phone number

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Sorry for the confusion! I misunderstood that part.

I'll go ahead and send you a PM to check it out @Leni.

Talk to you soon! 

ckvancouver
I'm a Participant Level 3

I am having a similar problem to many other people on this thread. I try to follow these instructions:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/message-uid/80136#U80136

But step 3 & 4 don't work the way they should. I have Wifi off and I get a code and I enter it in but then nothing. Just the normal Spotify sign-up or Login screen. Nothing that would allow me to link fido to Spotify.