Spotify Premium not working

SOLVED
DMyers
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi there

I have been a Fido customer for 2 years now and have just switched from a more expensive PULSE plan to a BYOP PULSE Plan. Part of this plan, I have been assured by multiple employees with Fido, includes a Spotify Premium subscription. I changed plans on the 26th of March this year and today (April 1st) was kicked off of Premium. At a Fido kiosk they entered my phone number on fidohub.ca and my phone was sent a code to enter, I entered this code but was not brought to a page that allowed me to log into Spotify like the instructional page says it should, but instead just tells me to download the Spotify app which I already have. Once I click this it takes me to the App Store, so I open the app from there but nothing happens .

I have read a few threads on this forum where people have been informed that the Spotify Premium feature is either for new Spotify users only or new Fido customers only. But I have reread the page that has my plan on it (BYOP PULSE 3GB ) and it explicitly includes the Data Bytes, Roaming, and Spotify Premium, and the instructional page cited above also states that I should be able to link the Premium to my existing Spotify account. 

I am hoping that someone can help me and that this is enough information. I ended up spending $9.99 on Spotify Premium accidentally by trying to troubleshoot this problem on my own, so am a little disappointed that this money won't be coming back to me, all because of some sort of faulty set up that the kisok folks couldn't actually help me with. 

Thanks, 

Danielle

Accepted Solution

Re: Spotify Premium not working

Solved by Moderator

Hey @DMyers!

I hope this was resolved Smiley

I just wanted to add in some info so that other members can benefit as well!

The Spotify promo only applies once, if you're going from a Pulse plan to a new Pulse plan, the first promo counts (from the first time you ever had a Pulse plan) once that original promotion ends, it's not possible to benefit from the Spotify promo again.

Hope this clears it up for anyone else that may have this question!

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoClaudia

Hey @DMyers,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

Real sorry to learn that you weren't able to get your Spotify Premium activated! 

Our Pulse Plans do come with Data Bytes, Fido Roam and Spotify Premium, however, the free trial for Spotify is a one time promo for new users only. 

Have you had the Premium version before, either through us or Spotify directly? If yes, then you wouldn't be able to activate it a second time since you already had Premium in the past.

If you never had Premium before, can you confirm that those steps specifically were followed to activate it?

Keep me posted!

DMyers
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi there 

I am just unhappy with this as a response since it is not clear on the website and I was also told by Fido employees yerterday at a Fido store that it wouldn't be a problem to sign up and that this is just a glitch. 

On the website's page that includes the plan I just signed up for, it includes Data Bytes, Roam, and Premium as extra features for the plan and in no way does it explain that it is a feature for new users only. I have explained this in my original post and fear that this is not being addressed. 

Thanks

Hey @DMyers.

I would like to get more details about your your account to better understand what happened with your subscription.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

Hey @DMyers!

I hope this was resolved Smiley

I just wanted to add in some info so that other members can benefit as well!

The Spotify promo only applies once, if you're going from a Pulse plan to a new Pulse plan, the first promo counts (from the first time you ever had a Pulse plan) once that original promotion ends, it's not possible to benefit from the Spotify promo again.

Hope this clears it up for anyone else that may have this question!