Spotify Premium change from 2 years to 6 month

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Spotify Premium change from 2 years to 6 month

Ok i have a really big issues with fido changing the spotify agreement to being only six months instead of the two years for the spotify premium that is very disappointing i have enjoyed it alot and one of the whole reasons i stayed with fido and now i am stuck for another two years or at least till i break my contract i am so very disappointed with this spotify premium being changed from the two years to only six months but i do know that once my contract is finished i will be looking at other opitons unless this changes before then 

Accepted Solution

Re: Spotify Premium change from 2 years to 6 month

Hey @Bearbarker ,

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to have it forwarded to the right people.

When you got Spotify , was it for 2 years or 6 months? I'm asking because if you originally had it for 2 years but you then changed your plan to one that only includes it for 6 months, your original 2 year subscription is the one that applies. We won't change your subscription from 2 years to 6 months.

Also, keep in mind that if you already had it for 2 years and you were planning on renewing your contract, you would not be getting it for another 2 years. It's a one time offer Smiley

Same applies  if you had it for 2 years and that expired, you would not be able to get it for an additional 6 months.

Let me know if you have other questions. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 10
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey @Bearbarker ,

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to have it forwarded to the right people.

When you got Spotify , was it for 2 years or 6 months? I'm asking because if you originally had it for 2 years but you then changed your plan to one that only includes it for 6 months, your original 2 year subscription is the one that applies. We won't change your subscription from 2 years to 6 months.

Also, keep in mind that if you already had it for 2 years and you were planning on renewing your contract, you would not be getting it for another 2 years. It's a one time offer Smiley

Same applies  if you had it for 2 years and that expired, you would not be able to get it for an additional 6 months.

Let me know if you have other questions. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted

I had already had it for two years but when I upgraded my phone back before Christmas I was on the understanding that my Spotify would extend another two years and that my plan really didn't change

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I see why you would think that @Bearbarker . It's a one time offer in this case it does not get renewed with a new contract Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 10
Highlighted

Well that just bites which is why I will be looking at other providers in the next two years it was the whole reason I wanted to stay with fido cause looking at new providers is a waste of time and money and aggravation but I guess that's just the way it is but thank you for taking the time

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We'd hate to see you go Sad .

You can still add the option for $9.99 , it'll be added to your bill @Bearbarker .

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 10
Highlighted

I will think about that but for now everything is on hold

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@Bearbarker Alright! We'll be here if you have any other questions. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

My two year plan just ended last month, and I changed to an upgraded plan that included the Spotify Premium. Noticed that my plan change to the free version and called to ask why, only to be told that the Premium was a 1 time only special, which no one told me. I use Spotify every day, so I obviously went with Fido because they had the 6 month Premium plan. Very dissappointed Sad 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted

Hey @Sam34,

I definitely hear you! The free subscription is a one-time offer when you first switch on to a Pulse plan. You can read about it here.

You can still continue benefiting from Spotify Premium by adding the option for $9.99 , it'll be added to your bill Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 10