Spotify Premium Disappeared

SOLVED
rjbax
I'm a Participant Level 3

When I signed up with Fido back in November 2015, I got a Fido Pulse plan which included 2 years of Spotify Premium. However, yesterday, I went to use my Spotify account and was surprised to see that I no longer had a premium account when I used the app on my phone. I checked again today and I no longer had a premium account on any of my other devices either. I don't understand why this is happening, seeing as my two years of Spotify Premium should not have expired already. Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

Accepted Solution

Re: Spotify Premium Disappeared

Solved by Moderator

Hey @jesmem!

If you've had a Pulse plan since 2015, then you were on the older 2 year Spotify Promo.

Once the 2 years are up, it does switch over to the free version. To continue using Spotify Premium you can sign up for the service via Fidohub.ca and have it billed to your Fido invoice, or sign up for it directly through Spotify.

Hope this helps Smiley 

View solution in context
22 REPLIES 22
KenRM
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I've had a pulse plan for 2 years and renewed in June.  Spotify was supposed to be included for 2 years now premium isn't working and I'm told I have to pay $9.99 per month?

Where was this change posted and why was I told that I will continue to get Spotify when I upgraded both lines to the Max Pulse Plan???

Hey @KenRM

I have moved your post to this thread as it deals with a similar topic. You will find most of your questions answered here!

Spotify Premium is offered only once on our Pulse Plans. It does not renew with a new plan.

Had you completed the full two years with your previous plan?

KenRM

Hi FidoSaira,

I searched the forums prior to posting and did not see a relevant post.

I still see it as one of my services in my account. 

While I continued my relationship with Fido. I upgraded 2 of my lines to the new Max Pulse Plan.  I am now in a new contract on new plans. This was over a month ago.

I have had Spotify Premium for the full 2 years.  Wher does it state that Spotify Premium is only available once? 

I was told when I agreed to the new contract that I will continue to have Spotify Premium.

IMG_20180723_153419.jpg

Hey @KenRM!

I'm afraid that the Spotify premium offer was a one-time promotion that was available to you when you took one of our Pulse plans. Customers were not required to take an agreement to benefit from this. Once the free premium access time is up, you cannot renew it.

Your free subscription to Spotify premium would have continued as is with an agreement (if you still had time left and still had a Pulse plan), but it would not have been extended.

I hope this clarifies things. Smiley

KenRM

It's nice how I have to find out about that in the forums. 

Why does it show as a $9.99 value in my account?

Seems like a bait and switch to me. I don't like to be lied to. 

Very disappointed with Fido. Not happy with this at all. 

Not what I expected or ever experienced from the company that I've been with for 14 years. 

Time to start searching for other options. 

It's not a case of bait and switch at all @KenRM, but I understand how it may seem like it to you.

Tell you what, if you like, I can send you a private message and take a look at your account for you. I can't guaranty anything, but I'll try my best to see what I can do. Smiley

Does that work for you?

KenRM

That works for me

MGI
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi! I got my Fido plan on January 2016, but today my spotify stopped working and I got that message saying my subscription with one of their partners (Fido) had just ended. Could I get some help please? 

Thanks!

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey MGI!

Sounds like your Spotify premium promo period has ended. 

If you would like to continue using premium, you can add it on to your plan for $9.99 per month through Fidohub.ca.

You can find step-by-step instructions for how to do so in our Library. Smiley

Pudie

I'm having the same issue as well.  Logged in, rebooted, etc.  

I got my phone Nov 2015 as well so I should still have another 6 or so months left. 

FidoPierre

Hey @rjbax

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing complications with your Spotify subscription. Did you get a chance to try logging out and signing back into your account? 

Let me know if you still need help and I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together. 

Hkb1

Hi, I recently experienced the same thing. My spotify premium disappeared too when I did log in and out two days ago, although my two year deal isn't up yet.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey @Pudie and @Hkb1

I'll send you both a PM and we'll check it out! Smiley 

jesmem
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi @FidoMegan,

Can you also help me with this issue? I've had Spotify premium through Fido since November 2015, and has just been downgraded today. I think the only difference between theirs and my plan is that I have Fido pulse BYOP. Tbh, the spotify perk is the main reason why I stuck with Fido instead of using a different provider. Thanks so much

Hey @jesmem!

If you've had a Pulse plan since 2015, then you were on the older 2 year Spotify Promo.

Once the 2 years are up, it does switch over to the free version. To continue using Spotify Premium you can sign up for the service via Fidohub.ca and have it billed to your Fido invoice, or sign up for it directly through Spotify.

Hope this helps Smiley 

dieubee

I've had a fido pulse 35 plan since November 28, 2016. I haven't used spotify or have a spotify account until I activiated it through my fido account/fido hub yesterday. However, it is not showing as premium but "free". I was under the impression that I get 6 months of premium spotify free with my account. I did link my spotify account with fido so I'm not sure what's the issue here. 

@dieubee wrote:

I've had a fido pulse 35 plan since November 28, 2016. I haven't used spotify or have a spotify account until I activiated it through my fido account/fido hub yesterday. However, it is not showing as premium but "free". I was under the impression that I get 6 months of premium spotify free with my account. I did link my spotify account with fido so I'm not sure what's the issue here. 

Hello Dieubee,

Welcome to the community!

If you've had your Pulse plan since November 2016, then you would have gotten your Pulse plan prior to October 25th, 2017.

For Pulse plans opened prior to that date, your 6 months of free Spotify Premium access started when you first activated an eligible Fido Pulse plan (taken from here, under How do I activate my 6 months of FREE Spotify Premium?).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

diogogallo

Hi.

I have a Fido Pulse Plan since May 2016 and got a 2 year subscription to Spotify.

My Spotify Premium disappeared today.

Why it happened?

Hey @diogogallo  ,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you activate Spotify Premium as soon as you activated your Pulse plan ? The promo is valid from the moment the pulse plan is active, if you only activated it in May 2016 but your pulse plan started in October 2015, the 2 year subscription would have ended in October 2017. 

Let me know if that's the case!

rjbax
I'm a Participant Level 3

Also, when I looked at my Spotify app this morning, there was a message at the top of my screen saying that my subscription with one of their partners (Fido) had just ended. However, like I said earlier, when I first signed up with Fido in November 2015, I was supposed to have Spotify Premium for two years.