Spotify Premium 2-yr offer downgraded

SOLVED
joku
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi,

A little bit of timeline: I opened up a Fido Pulse account w/ 1GB of data on Dec 2015. At that time Spotify Premium was included for 2 years, and I happily started using it.

In Aug 2016 the 1GB data was starting to feel a bit limited, so after discussing the options of getting some temporary data passes I decided to upgrade my account to 2GB version via Fido chat. The customer representative then assured that everything else would be the same, including Spotify Premium, only the data cap increased. Well, everything worked smoothly for a while.

However, when I now open up Spotify it tells me a 3rd party has canceled my Premium subscription. After reading a bit, it seems that the timing would be almost right for the current 6-month Spotify Premium period (6+couple of extra months, or maybe shifted due to billing period, don't know). 

So, did my Fido account upgrade to a more expensive one actually downgrade my initial Spotify Premium offer? Or is there way to get the "original offer" 9 months back (until Dec, 2017)? I have the chat log from Aug 2016 stored separately, just in case of troubles, but there was no mention of limiting the Spotify offer (which would've been fair, as I hadn't checked all the fine details in Fido/Spotify marketing at that time, I was only after a data cap increase)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spotify Premium 2-yr offer downgraded

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMegan

Hey @Community

Certain customers who have the 24 month free Spotify Premium subscription are being downgrade to the regular Spotify or 6 month promo. We are aware of this issue. 

If you're currently experiencing this, please contact us here for help. Very_Happy 

View solution in context
20 REPLIES 20
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hi @joku!

Here's some information about your Spotify Premium subscription. 
The new plans include only 6 months of free subscription.  If you had previously activated your free subscription while you had the 2 year promo, it will remain until the end of the 2 years. 

Was your Spotify Premium subscription already active when you changed your plan to one that includes 6 monthsl only?

joku

Hi,
Thanks for the fast answer! Yes my 2-year Spotify Premium was active during the time I upgraded/changed my plan, that's part of the reason I didn't notice anything out of ordinary until now.
FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hi @joku 

If it was active you should still have the 2 year subscription. I'll send you a PM and we'll check it out. Smiley

joku

Ok, little bit of reheating of old topic. Spotify Premium now works smoothly, as should be (thanks for that), but I just received my latest bill and it shows $9.99 / month charge for Spotify Premium. So, could you help with the billing as well? This should be free extra until the originally promised 2-year period runs out..

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Glad to hear the issue was fixed. I'm sending you a PM now @joku! Smiley

pkeze
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I have the same issue. Just noticed that my Spotify premium switched to free today. I signed up for the pulse plan March 2016. I upgraded my plan for more data September 2016. The original email when I signed up for pulse plan said that I'm supposed to have Spotify premium till March 2018.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hi @pkeze

Sending you a PM and we'll check it out. Smiley 

Hey @Community

Certain customers who have the 24 month free Spotify Premium subscription are being downgrade to the regular Spotify or 6 month promo. We are aware of this issue. 

If you're currently experiencing this, please contact us here for help. Very_Happy 

Cameydzn

Hi, i'm having this issue as well. I checked my account, Spotify premium is still covered under my plan and I'm still a year in. I started getting ads earlier today, was working fine yesterday.

Hey @Cameydzn,

I'll send you a PM to check it out Smiley

nurli62
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello, 

Seem to have the same issue . can you help?

Hi there @nurli62

Thanks for reaching out to the Fido Community!

Do you remember when you first signed-up to Spotify Premium?

Did you recently change your plan for another? Thanks for letting me know Smiley

Lawats

I too have the same issue.

I activated my 2 year deal in july/august (the period I took my phone you can get the exact timeline by checking this info) and made a change in September/October and now my 2 year spotify deal expired....

Hey @Lawats and thanks for reaching out !!

This shouldn't have happened. 

So when you go on your Spotify App now, it shows that you have the Free version?

Lawats

@FidoKenny Yes this changed somewhere last week. I did not get a notice about the change until I started seeing ads.

That's odd.

This shouldn't have happened.

I would be happy to take a look at this with you.

I also want to let you know that you can reach us through our other channels as well for anything related to your account here.

I'm sending you a PM now. Talk to you soon Smiley

cavid78

Hello,

I'm experiencing the exact same issue: started a new plan in Feb 2016 which included 2 year Spotify Premium - and I have been using it ever since;
then upgraded extra data and the customer service ensured me that Spotify won't be affected by this change - still Spotify Premium was working just fine.
However, a few days ago I suddenly started getting ads on my spotify and it said 3rd party has canceled my Premium subscription so now I am downgraded to Spotify Free.
Can you help?

Hi there @cavid78

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll send you a PM so we can look into it together Smiley

cavid78

@FidoCatherine wrote:

Hi there @cavid78

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll send you a PM so we can look into it together Smiley

Hi Catherine, 

I still haven't recieved the PM. Patiently waiting for your response. 

Hey cavid78!

That's strange!

We'll send you a new PM in just a moment. Smiley