Spam texto from china

I'm a Participant Level 2 Juliesimard05
I'm a Participant Level 2

Spam texto from china

I receive a textos from China from 4:26 AM to 6:44 AM every 30 second (see pic). It's always a different number and

I didn't open any and i don't know what to do.

Please help me Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7

Re: Spam texto from china

Hey @Juliesimard05

Thank you for taking the time and flagging this to us. You did the right thing by not openning the messages. I would recommend deleting them from your phone as well! 

Have you tried blocking these numbers from your phone settings? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Hi! Thanks, I did that but the Numbers change on each texto...
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7

Thanks @Juliesimard05

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
MVP
MVP

@Juliesimard05 wrote:

I receive a textos from China from 4:26 AM to 6:44 AM every 30 second (see pic). It's always a different number and

I didn't open any and i don't know what to do.

Please help me Smiley

***Edited to add labels*** 

Hello Juliesimard05,

Welcome to the community!

That sounds like unusual behaviour for your run-of-the-mill spam texts. What phone do you have? Have you downloaded any new apps, or opened any email or text attachements recently? Do you run any security apps ie antivirus etc on your phone? I just read an article regarding detecting android spyware and securing privacy. Number 5 on that list got me thinking about your situation. I'm not saying that the texts you received are due to spyware etc, but it's a little peculiar having all those texts sent to you in the manner you described. 

You might consider running an antivirus and security app to see if they find anything. You might also consider going through your apps to see if there are any you don't recognise. Unfortunately, some malware is able to hide from the apps list.

If nothing comes up with that search, keep an eye on your phone for other unusual behaviour. Depending on the type of malware (if any is present on your phone), you might have to factory reset the phone to get rid of it. 

It could be that the texts you received are your typical annoying spam texts. However, I'd rather be safe and provide you information about what it could be so you might be able to protect your phone.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

I have an iPhone SE.

Nothings strage that i remembrer of.
I just change my phone so not alots of apps neither
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7

Hey @Juliesimard05

Can you keep us updated on if a phone reset helped resolve this issue for you? Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7