Spam Calls and Spam Text

Spam Calls and Spam Text

Spam Calls and Spam Text

SOLVED
DuLLaHaN
I'm a Participant Level 3

Spam Calls and Spam Text

Been getting a whole lot of spam calls and text messages lately. Even though I have blocked them on my phone, they can still leave a voice message.

As for text messages, they have several numbers, which all starts at 222-220-* (*=001, 002 etc.)

Is there anyway to just block off the whole 222-220 group and also permanently block the caller from even leaving a voice message...

This is starting to get annoying.

Accepted Solution

Re: Spam Calls and Spam Text

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @DuLLaHaN

Thanks for reaching out about this, we're aware of the increase in SPAM lately and are working on ways to diminish this! It's a real inconvenience for us all !

If you block the number they should not be able to leave a voice message. As for blocking the whole group, it would depend on your device. What phone are you currently using? 

View solution in context
12 REPLIES 12
name62
I'm a Participant Level 1

So on this first morning of the new year I was awakened at 4:37 by a text from a 'group' I have already received a few nightly texts from. the number looks like this 222220002 - the other numbers have varied on the last digit.

There is an email address that is or begins: Fr:azygutzuinev@universalmind.ne

It should be possible for Fido to make a filter that catches the nightly intruders.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @DuLLaHaN

Thanks for reaching out about this, we're aware of the increase in SPAM lately and are working on ways to diminish this! It's a real inconvenience for us all !

If you block the number they should not be able to leave a voice message. As for blocking the whole group, it would depend on your device. What phone are you currently using? 

rfurtado

Hi there,

I see the reply from June 6 saying Fido is working on fixing this. It is November now and I'm getting spam texts, too. 

I thought it would be helpful to list the numbers they're coming from:

+1 (864) 302-3065

+1 (705) 717-6851

+1 (437) 992-4983

+1 (437) 991-1147

+1 (416) 319-6733

+1 (705) 491-2382

Hey @rfurtado

I can understand how unpleasant these kinds of messages can be. We're still working on taking steps so our network continues to block these unwanted messages. In the meantime we suggest not responding to any of them. 

Have you tried blocking these numbers directly from your device? Which kind of phone are you using? 

rfurtado

Hi FidoPierre,

I'm not responding to them and yes, I'm blocking each one of them on my phone. I'm using the iPhone 6 with the latest iOS version 10.1 (updated a couple of days ago). The texts are coming from different numbers, though. Here are some of them:

+1 (864) 302-3065

+1 (705) 717-6851

+1 (437) 992-4983

+1 (437) 991-1147

+1 (416) 319-6733

+1 (705) 491-2382

@rfurtado, thank you for sharing these numbers. 

Is it the same content that is being sent in these messages? 

rfurtado

no...

1. Stop depending on your 9 to 5 for growth (there is a link, which a obviously didn't click on)

2. Good day- Are you open to have your own home base business you can operate at your spare time? contact us via: (email address to click on)

3. Now hiring part-time Mystery Shopper. Earn $400 to 800 Weekly. To apply, send Name & Postal Code To  (email address to click on)

4. Hillcrest Outsourching LLC is Hiring Mystery Shoppers,$400 weekly guranteed Confirm availability and send response to (email address to click on)

5. Shoppers Voice is hiring secret shoppers, $500 weekly guaranteed. Confirm availability and send response to (email address to click on)

6. We have a job offer for you that wont interfere with your job. Extra income $500-1000 wkly. For info, confirm availability to e-mail: (email address to click on)

The email addresses are different, too

Thank you @rfurtado

Have you received any messages from the numbers that you've already blocked? 

rfurtado

no

Hi @rfurtado & welcome to our Community. Smiley

Have you had a chance to read our blog on what to do when you receive spam messages? You can check it out here.

Cheers!

rfurtado

Hi FidoMaria,

Having to reply to all these messages is actually taking more of my time than the spams I reported about Sad

Please can you close this thread?

In my previous replies I indicated that I am already blocking the spam texts. I also spoke with Dominic from Fido this morning...I will continue blocking these pesky texts and hoping Fido will quickly find a way to protect their customers.

@rfurtado We can't ''close'' a thread, but there's no need to reply if you've found your solution for now.

Let me know should you need anything else! Smiley