Sony Xperia M4 Aqua: "Capacity for NFC services full"

SOLVED
rebki2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua: "Capacity for NFC services full"

I keep having this message pop up, every few minutes:
"Capacity for NFC services full

Not enough capacity to enable the service. Try disabling one or more services."

My options are "Cancel" or "Change Services". If I click Change Services, it takes me to a page titled "Change available services". There is a big, white, blank space in the middle of the screen, then at the bottom it says, "Capacity used for NFC services 159%" and below that, my options are "Cancel" or "OK" but OK is not able to be clicked.

I have not used NFC for anything.

I have not specifically enabled NFC for anything.

I have gone into settings and turned off NFC as well as Android Beam.

I just got this phone, last night. Please help me get rid of this error. It doesn't seem to show up when I'm using Facebook, but when I'm on the homescreen or using texting, it keeps popping up.

Accepted Solution

Re: Sony Xperia M4 Aqua: "Capacity for NFC services full"

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Hey Rebki2,

Welcome to the community! Very_Happy

As @KAPABLE-K mentioned the error message seems to come from a Scotiabank app. From what I can see in external forums, the issue was reported and now fixed. You will need to update to the latest version of the app to fix it. If the issue persists, I would suggest uninstalling it and wait until they find a permanent fix.

Hope this helps! Smiley

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
rebki2

There are no updates to Scotiabank available.
Also, FYI, it seems that if I turn Nfc on, I don't get the error popping up. Not ideal, since I didn't really want to use the sharing, but it's something!

Thanks for letting us know!!

rebki2

Thanks for letting me know. Yes, I did install that app. Since I just installed it, it would have been the most recent version, but I'll go see if there is am update. Thanks again Happy
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Did you install any banking app?

Hey Rebki2,

Welcome to the community! Very_Happy

As @KAPABLE-K mentioned the error message seems to come from a Scotiabank app. From what I can see in external forums, the issue was reported and now fixed. You will need to update to the latest version of the app to fix it. If the issue persists, I would suggest uninstalling it and wait until they find a permanent fix.

Hope this helps! Smiley