Sony Ericsson music ringtone?!!

I'm a Participant Level 1 papermoose
I'm a Participant Level 1

Sony Ericsson music ringtone?!!

Hey,

is there any way i can download music on to my phone and also set it as my ringtone?? i need a ringtone so badly, the ones they give you on the phone are so **bleep**.. =_____=

Accepted Solution

Re: Sony Ericsson music ringtone?!!

Hello papermoose,

I do not have your phone's model, but this is what I could find from the Sony Ericsson Cedar's user guide:

You can use the Media Go™ application to transfer media content between your phone and a computer. The Media Go™ application is available for download through PC Companion or from www.sonyericsson.com/support.

Mac® compatible software is also available for download at www.sonyericsson.com/support.

To transfer content using Media Go™:

1- Connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable supported by your phone.
2- Computer: When the Portable Device dialog box appears, select Transfer to or from Device using Media Go and click OK. The Media Go™ application opens.
3- Computer: Wait until your device appears in the Library navigation pane on the left of the Media Go™ window. You can now select and transfer files between the phone and computer.
4- Move files between your phone and the computer using the Media Go™ application.

To use those mp3 files as ringtones, you will first have to convert them into DRM files. You can do so with a DRM packager program or via Media Go™ directly.

I hope this helps.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Solution

Re: Sony Ericsson music ringtone?!!

Hello papermoose,

I do not have your phone's model, but this is what I could find from the Sony Ericsson Cedar's user guide:

You can use the Media Go™ application to transfer media content between your phone and a computer. The Media Go™ application is available for download through PC Companion or from www.sonyericsson.com/support.

Mac® compatible software is also available for download at www.sonyericsson.com/support.

To transfer content using Media Go™:

1- Connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable supported by your phone.
2- Computer: When the Portable Device dialog box appears, select Transfer to or from Device using Media Go and click OK. The Media Go™ application opens.
3- Computer: Wait until your device appears in the Library navigation pane on the left of the Media Go™ window. You can now select and transfer files between the phone and computer.
4- Move files between your phone and the computer using the Media Go™ application.

To use those mp3 files as ringtones, you will first have to convert them into DRM files. You can do so with a DRM packager program or via Media Go™ directly.

I hope this helps.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2