Some incoming calls going straight to Voice Mail

curious
I'm a Participant Level 3

For the last 2 weeks I have an open case where an incoming call is going straight to voice mail without it ringing on my end or seeing it in the phone history. This is happening to my fido home phone and the incoming number is a number that has called me in the past without any issues but now all of a sudden can't get through to me directly.

In fact last night it happened on my cell phone as well where an incoming call went directly to voice mail without showing on my cell phone so it seems to be happening to multiple phone numbers so I can't be the only one experiencing this issue.

I have been told it is a known issue that has been forwarded to to technical team but no one is following up and it has now been 2 weeks. This should not take this long without any status update or eta for resolving this. I'm hoping that someone from the technical team monitors this forum and can provide an update to this issue.

thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
KMC-IMC
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am having the same problem from different incoming numbers. Thought it was my old iPhone 4 so upgraded to a 5S and same problem so it is defintely a network problem in my opinion. Problem has occurred in both Vancouver and Calgary over the last two months. Very frustrating and inconvenient.

@KMC-IMC wrote:

I am having the same problem from different incoming numbers. Thought it was my old iPhone 4 so upgraded to a 5S and same problem so it is defintely a network problem in my opinion. Problem has occurred in both Vancouver and Calgary over the last two months. Very frustrating and inconvenient.

Hello KMC-IMC,

Welcome to the community!

Are you sure your phone is getting adequate signal when those calls were supposed to get through? If I get calls when I'm in the elevator or the undergroud parking garage, they will go directly to my voicemail. You might be getting poor signal in locations that are not as obvious as an elevator or underground. 

I know the iPhone 5 had issues switching networks causing dropouts (see here), but I'm not aware of the same issue with the 5S. You might consider turning off LTE as a trial to see if calls keep going straight to voicemail.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi curious!

Is it always the same numbers that are going straight to voicemail, or is it specific numbers? Do you know if a technical case was opened for your account? What are the models of your phones?

Let me know. Smiley

curious

Hi there,

Yes. It is the same one incoming number only, other numbers are coming in okay. That number has worked fine for over a year and suddenly now doesn't. That incoming number can call my cell phone but for some reason not get through to my home phone. The home phone is a zte wf720.

I have the same issue with a different phone number to my cell phone which is a Nexus 4, however, for now I'm mostly concerned about the home phone.

thanks.

Hey!

Thanks for the details, is it possible that you've blacklisted that specific number? It happens sometimes by mistake. 

I'll suggest you delete completely the contact from your phone and test again!

Let me know if that worked. 

curious

Hi Manuel,

I can block calls with my panasonic cordless phone but even those blocked calls ring once and then are blocked and show up in the history.

The calls that are incoming that go to voice mail I don't even see them coming in at all, they are not in the phones history and they don't ring on my end.

I have deleted the entry from the phones address book but it is not even getting that far. Could it be somehow blacklisted on the fido network. That would explain why it doesn't ring on my end at all.

Hey curious, 

I've replied to your other message in PM. Let's continue the conversation there Smiley

BTbtBT
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Again, posting on anything I can find about this issue.  I am having the same issue and I am seeing this posted all over the place, so it is clearly a known issue.  Or an issue that is pretended not to be known.  I do not have any particular numbers that can't get through.  The same people that regularly call - sometimes can get through, and sometimes it will go directly to voicemail.  Have trouble shooted it with tech support and still isn't fixed.  

Hey BTbtBT!

Cath will continue with you Smiley She'll look at the situation with you.