So much for loyalty and retention...

SOLVED
Ashk76
I'm a Participant Level 2

Wow! Super disappointed with the way customer service is starting to decline at Fido.

I have been a customer with Fido for years and years and have raved about how great the loyalty and retention plan was at Fido and how they really looked after their customers, but today I was crushed. Called in to find out if I could upgrade my phone at the promo price that was showing on the website.  I was told that because the plan I was on had expired and that they were basically doing me a favour by letting me keep it- I would be charged more for the phone and I should be ok with having to pay more for the phone.

So basically I am being punished for being a long term customer? Well that kinda sucks and I am not sure if I want to be a long term customer anymore. 

I asked to speak to someone in rentention and was told by a cheeky customer rep that they were customer retention....hate to tell you Fido-but if you're frontline is going to be your retention team-you may want to ramp up your game a bit....

**bleep** part is I also have gotten my daughter a line with fido-but after my contract expires in June, sadly I don't think I will renew and will start looking around  for a new provider....which totally sucks. 

Accepted Solution

Re: So much for loyalty and retention...

Solved by MVP MVP

@Ashk76 welcome to the community!

Prices for phones will vary depending on the type of plan you have. It is possible the reason why you would have to pay more is because of the type of plan you have. 

It is not uncommon when you call Fido customer service you actually get connected to a person from the retention team calls do go directly to them if they are not busy or if customer service is swamped.

Rest assure a moderator here in the community can PM you and have a look at your account to see if anything can be done for you.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
coyote12
I'm a Participant Level 1

Totally agree with Ashk76. customer service can be the same as retention department ? After talking with customer service representive, no mater how hard you try, it seems they just don't care you!!! They always have their reasons.Only when you'e gone, they will call back,and try to make the deal,why??

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Ashk76 welcome to the community!

Prices for phones will vary depending on the type of plan you have. It is possible the reason why you would have to pay more is because of the type of plan you have. 

It is not uncommon when you call Fido customer service you actually get connected to a person from the retention team calls do go directly to them if they are not busy or if customer service is swamped.

Rest assure a moderator here in the community can PM you and have a look at your account to see if anything can be done for you.

Ashk76
I'm a Participant Level 2

If I did get connected directly to retentions-then I guess that was probably one of my poorest experiences with Fido to date.  It's just disappointing because I have always been able to come to some sort of resolution which has been a win/win for both sides-but this time it felt like I was basically told- tough luck...I guess if I wanted to experience that type of service-there are a lots of other providers that can give me that-but at least with them I am expecting it.

I pay $35 a month for my daughter's plan which is pretty meh compared to what I could get for the same rate at other companies-but because of the positive long term customer service I had received with Fido-I tagged her on to my account-sadly I no longer feel the need to stay true to Fido-bc it doesn't seem to matter about the number of years I have been a loyal customer to Fido...

Hey Ashk76!

Welcome to the Community! 

We're sad to see that your recent experience gave you that impression. That's definitely not how we want any of our customers to feel!

We absolutely appreciate your loyalty!

Let's take another look at your options. We'll send you a PM shortly.

dardar98
I'm a Participant Level 1

Terrible customer service!!!! First time I have had such a bad experience with the Loyalty department.  Not to mention wasting 1 hour and 30 minutes of my time only to get very upset.  What is going on at Fido?

Hi @dardar98!

Welcomme to the Comunity! Can you give us more detais?

How can we help you ?