Smart Plan price increase without notice!

I'm a Participant Level 1 Dontbelikethat
I'm a Participant Level 1

Smart Plan price increase without notice!

Price of Smart Plan increased by $5 per month with no notice. The increase just appeared on my bill. Is it general policy to raise prices on services without notice? Or just for older plans that are no longer offered?

Accepted Solution

Re: Smart Plan price increase without notice!

Hey @Dontbelikethat

Welcome to the Community!

There were some old plans that were adjusted not too long ago. The change was applied to all of these plans directly and everyone touched by that was notified directly on the bill : 

YOUR MOBILE PLAN RATE IS CHANGING
As a long-time customer, we value your loyalty and strive to deliver best in class mobile
experiences to you every day. To support ongoing service upgrades that help us
consistently deliver the best possible product experience, we periodically need to adjust
the pricing of our plans. As a result, the amount of your monthly service fee for the mobile
number listed before this message will be increasing by $5 on the date of your first bill
on or after June 1, 2018. Your mobile plan continues to offer great value and is only
available to long-time customers like you. All other aspects of your mobile service will
remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. If you
wish to respond to this notice or have any questions, concerns or wish to modify, cancel or
enhance your services, please refer to the Contact Us section of this bill. Thank you.

Feel free to contact us if you want to have a look at options for a different plan or anything Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 21
Solution

Hey @Dontbelikethat

There were some old plans that were adjusted not too long ago. The change was applied to all of these plans directly and everyone touched by that was notified directly on the bill : 

YOUR MOBILE PLAN RATE IS CHANGING
As a long-time customer, we value your loyalty and strive to deliver best in class mobile
experiences to you every day. To support ongoing service upgrades that help us
consistently deliver the best possible product experience, we periodically need to adjust
the pricing of our plans. As a result, the amount of your monthly service fee for the mobile
number listed before this message will be increasing by $5 on the date of your first bill
on or after June 1, 2018. Your mobile plan continues to offer great value and is only
available to long-time customers like you. All other aspects of your mobile service will
remain the same. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. If you
wish to respond to this notice or have any questions, concerns or wish to modify, cancel or
enhance your services, please refer to the Contact Us section of this bill. Thank you.

Feel free to contact us if you want to have a look at options for a different plan or anything Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 21
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

hi

i also have the same increase, my old plan was @$25/month, 200 mins, vm, call id, txt, , in May of this year invoice menitoned that the old plans will go up $5/month, thus = $30/month. i called in at fido in Jund 2018 and changed my to canada wide plan @$25/month, unlimited canada calling, no data, vm, call id, txt. I thought i was able to avoid the $5 increase, it did not. so my June invoice is $29. i did call back again, the fido agent said that it will be at $25/month, if Fido does charge me again at the new increased rate of $5/month. I will change to Freedom mobile as their basic plan has an continous $5 credit.

i.e. talk and text, 250 mins, $20/month

i.e. canada wide talk and text $25 with 0.25GB data

as I have an s9+, so i can jump at anytime.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 21
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @patrickchan

We'd be sad to see you go. I'll send you a PM in a moment so we can go through your options together. 

Chat soon! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 21
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

thx Pam for reply

Hi Pam

thx for the reply

i read on the community threads.

that one customer was able to get the 5$ credit, after they called in.

as did call in in early in 16 May 2018, to avoid the June 2018 $5 increase, but both the chat Fido and call center Fido, said that it cannot do anything about it.

perhaps due to the fact that I am on the standard plan (no need to be nice to an customer since 2008).

please advise. thx pc

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 21
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@patrickchan you were notified of the change so they would not credit you, you can either stay and pay the increase rate, switch plans or leave Fido all together. 

They never notify me of any changes which can be a problem for Fido so to fix the screw up they offset the increase with a credit.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 3 JasimR
I'm a Participant Level 3

So, I'm kind of livid right now, because I'm now paying $5 more on my bill, without knowing why. No email, no paper mail notifying me of the change, no notification on my phone, I received nothing but the bill itself. I was already having a bad day, looking at my increased bill has made it worse.

I want to know why I was not informed of this change. I have always liked fido and was thinking of getting a new phone from a fido store, but this change has me changing my mind, and thinking I'd be better off switching to another company like freedom.

To put it mildly, I'm not happy, and this has honestly broken my trust in fido.

[Edit]: if someone from fido does end up replying, just know that I may not be able to respond right away, as it's the middle of the night, and I have work tomorrow.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 21

Hey @JasimR

I've moved your post to this thread as it deals with the same subject.

I can totally understand where you're coming from, an increase is never pleasing to see, but sometimes it is necessary as we want to give you the best service. 

As explained by FidoCharles, we have notified our impacted customers on their invoice. Did you get the chance to go over the invoice to see the notification?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 21

Thanks for replying.

Where exactly is it? I have the paper bill in front of me, I see zero notification on it. Nor can I find it under my Account on fido.ca.

So, either I can't find it, or I never received prior notification.

I'm completely willing to apologize, if I've made a mistake, butyou guys are gonna have to point out where that mistake is first.

[Edit]: I keep looking, and still can't find it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 21

@FidoPamela

Still can't find it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 21

Hi @JasimR!

The notification was sent on your May's invoice (page 3).

We notify you about any such increase 30 days before it takes place on your account.

Hope this helps Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 21

Alright, you win. I apologize.

What are my current options now? As it is, the plan is more expensive than what I feel I'm getting from it. Give or take 10 dollars, what other deals are there that I can consider?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 21

Hey @JasimR!

We'll send you a PM in order to access your account to check your options.

Be on the lookout for one soon. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 1 zengchangxiong
I'm a Participant Level 1

hi there, I notice that my monthly charge was increasing $5 since June 2018,  as I know not all of my friends and relatives were increased by the price.  Would you please give me a reasonable explaination, otherwise I will think This is your notice for me to leave fido now!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 21
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @zengchangxiong

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

I've moved your post here since it's in regards to the same raise and includes the reason why the cost was changed. 

Not all plans were raised, only some older plans had to be reevaluated and adjusted based on the cost and market situation amongst other factors. 

If you feel that your plan no longer suit your needs with the raise don't hesitate to reach out. We want to keep you with us and we'll be glad to check out your options with you. 

Hope that helps! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 21