Skewered tandoori chicken

Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Skewered tandoori chicken

Skewered tandoori chicken, is crispy on the outside and incredibly tender on the inside, topped with freshly-squeezed lime juice, onions on the side and green Thai chilies.

I am going to show you how to make 4 portions – shared between two friends at the bar Smiley

Ingredients

• 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cubed
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 ginger piece, about an inch in size, minced
  • 4 garlic peeled cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
  • 2 limes, halved
  • 4 metal skewers or wooden bamboo skewers
  • 1 teaspoon Garam Masala (Hot spices) or 1 tablespoon of MDH mutton (Meat) masala

I do not want to lose the readers because this is a new spice unknown to most. The components of the mix are toasted, then ground together.

• Garam masala contains: Black and white peppercorns, Cloves, Cinnamon or cassia bark, Mace (part of nutmeg), Black and green cardamom pods, Bay leaf, Cumin, Coriander
  • You can buy this at any Indian store for a Tooney or most supermarket’s like Walmart. If you do got to an Indian store buy the MDH mutton (Meat) masala. It is a perfect blend of spices added to any non-vegetarian dish – More of that later

Directions

1. In a medium glass bowl, mix together yogurt, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic, garam masala or MDH muttion masals, paprika, cayenne pepper, turmeric, salt. (Note: You can also use a food processor to blend these ingredients into a smooth paste). Mix in chicken until coated evenly. Cover and refrigerate. Let chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for best results.
  2. Heat grill to medium-high, thread chicken onto skewers.
  3. Cook chicken on heated grill and cover. Use leftover marinade to coat chicken during the first 5 minutes of cooking. Turn the skewers over, coat with leftover marinade and continue cooking for another 3 minutes. The chicken is done when the inside is no longer pink and the juices run clear. This process takes about 8 to 12 minutes total.
  4. Serve with lime, green Thai chilies, sliced onions and fresh cilantro.

BeforeBeforeAfterAfter

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Re: Skewered tandoori chicken

This is how it looks when you have to buy

MDH Meat.jpg

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted