Sim card update?

Sim card update?

Sim card update?

SOLVED
Vincenzo
I'm a Participant Level 1

Sim card update?

Hello, 

When is it necessary to update a SIM card?  I have a iphone 4S.  Still works since 2010.  

Yes, you read correctly.  I believe if its not broken no need to change it.  I don't believe that i ever updated my SIM card.

But will soon upgrade the phone, it is starting to act up a little.  Upgrading my phone will mean the SIM card will be of a different size?

V.

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim card update?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Welcome to the community @Vincenzo! Smiley

If you're planning to get a new phone with Fido, the SIM card will come with it if the new phone isn't compatible with your current SIM card.

If you get a phone that requires a Micro SIM card, then you can keep using your SIM card. However you will not be able to benefit from the LTE network since your current SIM card is a non-LTE SIM card.

I would suggest changing your SIM card if you plan to get a new phone. Most information you have stored on the SIM can be transferred to your new device, so there's no reason not to. Hope this helps. Very_Happy

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @Vincenzo! Smiley

If you're planning to get a new phone with Fido, the SIM card will come with it if the new phone isn't compatible with your current SIM card.

If you get a phone that requires a Micro SIM card, then you can keep using your SIM card. However you will not be able to benefit from the LTE network since your current SIM card is a non-LTE SIM card.

I would suggest changing your SIM card if you plan to get a new phone. Most information you have stored on the SIM can be transferred to your new device, so there's no reason not to. Hope this helps. Very_Happy