Signing a contract after taking over ownership

SOLVED
Koodo
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I have an account with Fido and I just took over the ownership of my wife's Fido account. I was told to do that by a Fido kios employee in order to get a 10% discount on the 2nd line. Apparently this does not work since this 2nd line is a take-over and not brand new number.

I am wondering if I can resign a contract with this 2nd line and get subsidized phone? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Signing a contract after taking over ownership

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi Koodo!

Since the line has been in your account for less than 90 days, it would only be possible to buy a phone at full price. To get a subsidy on the phone with an agreement, you'd need to wait the 90 days.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Not sure if I understand you correctly; correct me if I'm wrong.

Your wife got a subsidized phone with a contract.

You want to know if you can kill the contract and keep the phone?

Yes, but you'll have to pay back the remainder of the subsidy. For example, say you got a $400 subsidy, and you're halfway into the contract, you'll have to pay half the subsidy ($200) to end the contract.

Koodo
I'm a Contributor Level 1

No she did not have a contract, it was month to month based. I am trying to sign a contract to get a phone now. I just went to a Fido store and they told me I have to wait 90 days.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi Koodo!

Since the line has been in your account for less than 90 days, it would only be possible to buy a phone at full price. To get a subsidy on the phone with an agreement, you'd need to wait the 90 days.