Signal coverage inside the Toronto Convention Center (MTCC)

SOLVED
DasPhil
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi,

Was told that there is _no_ coverage inside the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC).  Can anybody confirm/infirm this?

Is there no coverage at all, is it limited to some areas, etc?

Thanks!

--Phil

Accepted Solution

Re: Signal coverage inside the Toronto Convention Center (MTCC)

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello DasPhil,

It's been a while since I've been in the Convention centre. From what I remember, cellular reception was rather spotty. However, things might have changed since I've been there. According to the centre's 2017-18 operating guidelines:

Cellular service is provided by Telus Mobility, Rogers Wireless, Freedom Mobile and Bell Mobility. ~ taken from here.

Though, they also note:

Licensor does not guarantee the availability or reliability of the networks or services provided through them.

So there is now cellular service at the centre. It's likely they added the coverage since I've been there so it should be better than I remember.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello DasPhil,

It's been a while since I've been in the Convention centre. From what I remember, cellular reception was rather spotty. However, things might have changed since I've been there. According to the centre's 2017-18 operating guidelines:

Cellular service is provided by Telus Mobility, Rogers Wireless, Freedom Mobile and Bell Mobility. ~ taken from here.

Though, they also note:

Licensor does not guarantee the availability or reliability of the networks or services provided through them.

So there is now cellular service at the centre. It's likely they added the coverage since I've been there so it should be better than I remember.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

DasPhil
I'm a Participant Level 3

Great, thanks!