Sierra Wireless 3G Aircard 754S

SOLVED
ram_27
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi everyone,

Can I use an AT&T Sierra Wirless 3G Aircard 754S for an LTE Hotspot with Fido if I will have it unlocked? 

This is what  I obtained for its specifications?   GSM 850/900/1800/1900

HSPA 850/1900/2100

LTE  700/AWS

Please help. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Sierra Wireless 3G Aircard 754S

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@ram_27 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Can I use an AT&T Sierra Wirless 3G Aircard 754S for an LTE Hotspot with Fido if I will have it unlocked? 

HSPA 850/1900/2100

LTE  700/AWS

Please help. Thank you.

***Edited to add Labels***

Hello Ram_27,

Judging by those specifications, that modem would have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'.

With regards to LTE, that modem would have at least one (but likely two) of the compatible bands/frequencies. Advanced wireless services (AWS) is another name for band 4 (1700/2100MHz). Although they do not specify the band associated with 700 MHz, it is likely band 17 since AT&T also uses that band. The caveat when a device does not have all of the compatible bands/frequencies is that coverage might be limited depending on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers. That said, AWS is the more widely used band so coverage should not really be an issue. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies from the list @FidoKenny provided above.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@ram_27 wrote:

Hi everyone,

HSPA 850/1900/2100

LTE  700/AWS

Please help. Thank you.

***Edited to add Labels***

Hello Ram_27,

Judging by those specifications, that modem would have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'.

With regards to LTE, that modem would have at least one (but likely two) of the compatible bands/frequencies. Advanced wireless services (AWS) is another name for band 4 (1700/2100MHz). Although they do not specify the band associated with 700 MHz, it is likely band 17 since AT&T also uses that band. The caveat when a device does not have all of the compatible bands/frequencies is that coverage might be limited depending on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers. That said, AWS is the more widely used band so coverage should not really be an issue. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies from the list @FidoKenny provided above.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

ram_27
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Thank you for your reply Cawtau. All these info (yours and FidoKenny's) really helps. Merry Christmas!

FidoKenny

Hey ram_27 and welcome to the Community.

You will find all the information needed to use an unlocked device here

The Fido network uses the GSM, UMTS, HSPA and HSPA+ at 850 MHz and 1900 MHz.

The LTE is compatible with: 

• 700 MHz on Band 17;
  • 1700/2100 MHz on Band 4;
  • 2600 MHz on Band 7.

From what I can see, you wil be able to use that device on 3G.

Hope this helps Smiley