Short Ring Duration

Short Ring Duration

Short Ring Duration

SOLVED
Canuckster
I'm a Participant Level 2

Short Ring Duration

I have a LG Neon II, and I was wondering how I can make my phone ring for longer when I'm being called. My phone normally only rings for about 10-15 seconds before it hangs up. I've looked into all the settings and there is nothing about ring duration on that end. Am I missing something or is this something that support has to do for me?

Accepted Solution

Re: Short Ring Duration

Solved by Community Manager

Hey everyone!

Good news - as of today, it's possible to extend the number of rings to 6 (30 seconds) before a call is forwarded to voicemail.

Note that this is only available to monthly postpaid accounts and Fido Home Phone accounts.

You can send a PM to @FidoSolutions here in the Community or choose another way to Contact Us if you'd like to update your voicemail to 6 rings.

Enjoy Smiley

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Hello Canuckster,

You left out some important key information in your question so I'm going to make the assumption that you are inquiring about the ring delay before a voice mail picks up.  Note: I generally do NOT make assumptions with posters questions on here but this one is a question that I think I am very knowledged in, infact probably even more than fido employees may think to know.

The ring delay before your voice mail picks up your messages is a setting on the Fido Network, it is no where in your phone, thats why you cant find it.  Now Fido used to use conditional call forwarding to control their voicemail, but now they changed the script and use DCF=20 which means it is HARD CODED in the network to 20 seconds (which is appro 4 rings), period.  no way to change this, no idea why they did this, no idea if they will ever change it in the future, yes its annoying it pisses off many people, including myself.  because i used to have it pick up after 30 seconds, which is 6 rings.

Hope this answers your question

1productionGUY
I'm a Participant Level 1

It's disappointing to see them HARD CODE duration of the rings to 20 seconds.  They don't have any type of voicemail that can set duration of rings up to 30sec before transferring to voicemail. I don't mind  additional charges but "give people some options". 

lemondrouge
I'm a Participant Level 1

I agree with all above. Other carrier let user change the voicemail delay. This could be set with a simple GSM command like 

**61*mailboxnumber*11*delay#

where delay is set by 5,10,15,20,25,30 second.

I mis many calls because of that. 

Ref : GSM Codes

VERRY DESSAPOINTING! 

Hey everyone!

Good news - as of today, it's possible to extend the number of rings to 6 (30 seconds) before a call is forwarded to voicemail.

Note that this is only available to monthly postpaid accounts and Fido Home Phone accounts.

You can send a PM to @FidoSolutions here in the Community or choose another way to Contact Us if you'd like to update your voicemail to 6 rings.

Enjoy Smiley