Shocked By My Bill

Shocked By My Bill

Shocked By My Bill

SOLVED
Ann12
I'm a Participant Level 1

Shocked By My Bill

I just switched to the Fido BYOP loyalty plan last month with $45 for 2gb. This month, my bill said I have gone over my data by 603mb and is now charging me $35 on top of the $45 plan. Not to mention that I closed my mobile data when I saw my usage as 1.97 or 1.98gb, even if I used 600mb over, shouldn't Fido only charge me $15 extra? I am just shocked right now!

Accepted Solution

Re: Shocked By My Bill

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Ann12,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you received such a shock. The data overage rate varies depending on the details of your plan. Many plans have $5/100Mb for additional data. This rate would correspond with your stated overage charge of $35 (7 x $5). However, you can verify your actual overage rate via My Account.

I understand you stopped your data when you saw your usage was close to your limit. However, were you using you phone to track usage or My Account? It's important to note that there usually will be a slight difference in the monthly data usage reported by a mobile device and that from the mobile provider since they calculate data usage differently (see here). It is best to monitor your usage with My Account and/or the app. Though, you should note that there can be a slight delay in the updating of your usage statistics.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Ann12,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you received such a shock. The data overage rate varies depending on the details of your plan. Many plans have $5/100Mb for additional data. This rate would correspond with your stated overage charge of $35 (7 x $5). However, you can verify your actual overage rate via My Account.

I understand you stopped your data when you saw your usage was close to your limit. However, were you using you phone to track usage or My Account? It's important to note that there usually will be a slight difference in the monthly data usage reported by a mobile device and that from the mobile provider since they calculate data usage differently (see here). It is best to monitor your usage with My Account and/or the app. Though, you should note that there can be a slight delay in the updating of your usage statistics.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers