Setting up email

Setting up email

Setting up email

SOLVED
FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Setting up email

How do I setup my Email on my BlackBerry?

Accepted Solution

Re: Setting up email

Solved by Community Manager (Retired) FidoErin
1. Click the "Setup wizard" icon and you will reach the Email setup portion. Select "I want to create or add an email address".
2. Click Next.
3. To accept the terms of the license agreement, select the "I have read and understand the End User Agreement" option or check box. Click "I Agree".
4. To integrate an email address you already use, enter your full email address and the password for that email account.
5. Click Next. The site will confirm if the email address has been successfully added. Then click OK.
6. If you want to create a new email address for your BlackBerry smartphone (e.g. username@fido.blackberry.com),
you will need to do one of the following, depending on your smartphone:

Click Create a BlackBerry email address
OR
Click I would like to create a new BlackBerry email address

7. Then, type the user name that you want to appear before the @ sign in your new BlackBerry email address.
Click Next, followed by OK.
8. To return to the setup wizard, click Log Out or Close.

* In case's of non-free email service (work email, internet provider email, etc...) you will be asked more details for the integration of the email.

Make sure to obtain this information from the email service provider before starting the process. Fido does not have that information as it is relative to the email provider.
View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)

1. Click the "Setup wizard" icon and you will reach the Email setup portion. Select "I want to create or add an email address".
2. Click Next.
3. To accept the terms of the license agreement, select the "I have read and understand the End User Agreement" option or check box. Click "I Agree".
4. To integrate an email address you already use, enter your full email address and the password for that email account.
5. Click Next. The site will confirm if the email address has been successfully added. Then click OK.
6. If you want to create a new email address for your BlackBerry smartphone (e.g. username@fido.blackberry.com),
you will need to do one of the following, depending on your smartphone:

Click Create a BlackBerry email address
OR
Click I would like to create a new BlackBerry email address

7. Then, type the user name that you want to appear before the @ sign in your new BlackBerry email address.
Click Next, followed by OK.
8. To return to the setup wizard, click Log Out or Close.

* In case's of non-free email service (work email, internet provider email, etc...) you will be asked more details for the integration of the email.

Make sure to obtain this information from the email service provider before starting the process. Fido does not have that information as it is relative to the email provider.