Serious Text Lag issues with my LG G3

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Serious Text Lag issues with my LG G3

after about a week of using my new LG phone i started noticing that text messages are taking extremely long to send... i did some basic troubleshooting like reseting the phone and trying other messaging apps other then the default.  The issue seems to come and go... one moment texts will be sending instantly, and the next minute im in lag city.  Just last night however i came to realize that the lag is affecting in coming texts because my friend who was sitting at the same table as me texted me and i never recieved it till today...  any help would be much appreciated....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 17
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Serious Text Lag issues with my LG G3

Hey PoPNFresh

Have you tried using your SIM card in a different phone? This will determine whether the issue lies with your SIM card or with the device itself.

Also, is this happening in a specific area or no matter where you are?

Let me know Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 17
Highlighted

sorry about the late reply... but i have tried my sim in another phone, and it seems to be working corrrectly.  Also this is my second LG G3 and the first one seemed to work flawlessly... unfortunatly that was stolen from me and this one is my replacement.  Fido is unaware of any network issues that may be causing this and ive contacted LG and the suggest bringing it in to fido to have sent in for repair.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 17
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I definitely agree PoPNFresh Smiley 

If you're still covered by the manufacturer's warranty, taking it in for repair would be the next step since the issue does not lie with your SIM card or account. 

Keep us posted! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 17
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey PoPNFresh!

How's the text messaging going? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 17
Highlighted

hi, sorry again with the late reply....  

anyways i decided to send the phone for repair on may 3rd.  staff at the store told me it would be about 10 days before ill have it back... Just yesterday i got a call and they said it has been fixed....  I was excited becasue i was forced to use a old Blackberry as a temp and since older models use BIS compression i just thought id switch to a compressed data package for the short time.  But after contacting fido i was told they dont offer Blackberry plans anylonger.  so i was forced to go with out data for three days but amyways i got the phone back last night.  Right off the bat, i noticed the phone has been wiped no biggy, but my Fido My Account app, has been replaced by a rogers one... 

at that point i connected to my home wifi and installed the fido app as well as a few basic apps i use regularly and then i started to text people to see how it responded.  It was then i quickly realized all the Access Point Names were erased, so i filled those in.   And for the most part the texts would send instantly....  that being said i was not able to connect manualy to any available networks.  It would only connect automaticly.  i texted my friend who was with rogers, works perfect, i texted my friend who was with telus, works perfect,  i texted my girlfriend who is with Bell.... says sent but she never received it.  she has tried sending me countless messages since last night (as instructed over FB) all the while nothing coming to my phone.  And now just this morning i was making plans to sell my BBQ to some one and i logged the first lag on my end of a text being sent at 12:52pm..... it only  lagged for about 35 secconds but before it would only lag a little bit but snowballed into much longer lag times.

I hope the factory just didnt wipe my phone like the fido store tried to do before i stoped them before they actually sent it out. I had to explain to her that have already tried factory reseting my phone at least half a dozen times durring troubleshooting.

I will continue to log and report my findings as i discover them....  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 17
Highlighted

Hi PoPNFresh,

Thank you for sending us and update on your text messaging situation. It's also great that you were able to get your phone sooner than expected Smiley

If you have any more concerns about your phone, don't hesitate to let us know Smiley

- Kenny

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 17
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi there,

i've the same problem now. My text messages take for ever to be sent. What should I do?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 17
Highlighted

Hey Babi.

Have you tried to reboot your phone and see if you have the same issue?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 17
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have the same problem.. Wish I had read this before i got this phone. I am using other messaging app, such as whatsapp and viber to communicate with my contacts. Fido tech support over the phone was useless and told me to change the SIM, and wanted to charge me for it, but with a little resistance they agree to waive the fee. I have the phone for 9 months now and I am sure this issue existed from the day I picked up the phone.

It takes 10 days for a repair service and their loaner phone is horrible.. I am just afraid that they will factory reset the phone and send it back to me (talking from previous experience with another phone). I have tried factory reset already and the issue hasn't been fixed. I have also noticed lately that the phone also start heating up when I use the regular text service.. and battery drains in a few minutes

Is there a fix for this? This issue is so annoying

Please help!!!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 17