Scammer pretend to be from Fido

SOLVED
Fidolifer
I'm a Participant Level 1

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS!  Today is August 27, 2016 and I just received a text from someone pretending to be Fido.  Message indicates that my account billing is incorrect, and provides a link for me to press to rectifiy this.  IF YOU PRESS THE LINK YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE SCAMMER. A PICTURE OF THE FIDO LOGIN PAGE APPEARS, AND ASKS FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.  DO NOT PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION, AS THE SCAMMER WILL USE IT TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT.  The phone number from a local line should offer you proof that this is not genuine, however when one is busy mutitasking it is easy to not pay attention to this detail... that someone was me!  I changed my password on the real fido.ca site and now I can breathe easy.  

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS.... BE SAFE!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Scammer pretend to be from Fido

Solved by Moderator

Hey @Fidolifer

Welcome to the community! Smiley 

Thank you for taking the time and sharing this with us. You absolutely did the right thing by updating your log-in information to avoid any complications. Fido would not ask you to change these kinds of personal information through text messages or third party websites. While we take many steps to help fight against these kinds of activities, the truth is we can't stop all fraudsters from attempting to go after our customers or anyone else online.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoPierre

Hey @Fidolifer

Welcome to the community! Smiley 

Thank you for taking the time and sharing this with us. You absolutely did the right thing by updating your log-in information to avoid any complications. Fido would not ask you to change these kinds of personal information through text messages or third party websites. While we take many steps to help fight against these kinds of activities, the truth is we can't stop all fraudsters from attempting to go after our customers or anyone else online.